Code of Alabama - Title 3: Animals - Chapter 2 - Estrays and Animals Running At Large Generally
Legal Research Home >
- Article 1 General Provisions.
- Section 3-2-1 Taking up as estrays of equine, equidae, etc., running at large about residences, etc
Any person who finds running at large about his or her residence or premises or the residence or premises of which he or she ...
- Section 3-2-2 Notification of Department of Agriculture and Industries as to seizure; lien of seizor for costs of keeping animal, etc
(a) Within five days after taking up an estray, notice of the seizure of such estray shall be furnished to the Department of Agriculture ...
- Section 3-2-3 Investigation of seizure by department; procedure for return of animal where owner located, etc
The Department of Agriculture and Industries, upon receipt of a notice from a person who has seized an estrayed animal as provided in Section ...
- Section 3-2-4 Publication and posting of notice as to estrayed animal where owner not located; return to owner or sale of estray generally; procedure for sale of unclaimed estray and disposition of proceeds thereof
(a) If the owner of an estrayed animal seized as provided under Section 3-2-2 is not found after an investigation is conducted by the ...
- Article 2 Taking Up and Disposition of Animals Running at Large on State and Federal Aid Highways.
- Section 3-2-20 Duty of Director of Public Safety
The Director of Public Safety shall provide for taking up and impounding livestock or animals running at large upon state and federal aid highways ...
- Section 3-2-21 Notification of owner of animal taken up and impounded; filing of notice with probate judge where owner cannot be located; procedure for recovery of animal by owner
(a) The owner of any livestock taken up and impounded as provided in Section 3-2-20, if known, shall be served personally with notice thereof, ...
- Section 3-2-22 Sale of animals taken up and impounded
If the owner or his agent shall not reclaim his livestock or animal within the time allowed in this article, the poundkeeper or officer ...
- Section 3-2-23 Disposition of fees collected under article
All fees collected under the provisions of this article shall be paid to the State Treasurer and be credited to the account of a ...
Last modified: February 19, 2012