Code of Alabama - Title 8: Commercial Law and Consumer Protection - Section 8-17-210 - Definitions
Legal Research Home > Alabama Lawyer
Section 8-17-210 - Definitions.
As used in this article, the following terms shall have the meanings ascribed to them in this section, unless clearly indicated otherwise:
(1) DISTRIBUTOR. Any person engaged in the business of making sales of fireworks for resale to all holders of the required Alabama permits who in turn shall resell to any permit holder; or any person who receives, brings, or imports any fireworks of any kind into the State of Alabama, except to a holder of an Alabama manufacturer's or distributor's permit.
(2) D.O.T. CLASS C COMMON FIREWORKS. All articles of fireworks as are now or hereafter classified as D.O.T. Class C common fireworks in the regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation for the transportation of explosive and other dangerous articles.
(3) MANUFACTURER. Any person engaged in the making, manufacture, or construction of fireworks of any kind within the State of Alabama.
(4) PERMIT. The written authority of the State Fire Marshal issued under the authority of this article.
(5) PERSON. Includes any corporation, association, copartnership or one or more individuals.
(6) RETAILER. Any person engaged in the business of making sales of fireworks to consumers within the State of Alabama during a calendar year from January 1 through December 31.
(7) SALE. An exchange of articles or fireworks for money, including barter, exchange, gift, or offer thereof, and each such transaction made by any person, whether as principal proprietor, salesman, agent, association, copartnership, or one or more individuals.
(8) FIREWORKS SEASONS. The dates of June 20 through July 10 and December 15 through January 2 of each year shall be the only periods when seasonal retailers may sell fireworks.
(9) SEASONAL RETAILER. Any person engaged in the business of making sales of fireworks to consumers within the State of Alabama during the fireworks season(s) only, from permanent buildings or temporary or moveable stands.
(10) SPECIAL FIREWORKS. All articles of fireworks that are classified as Class B explosives in the regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation, including all articles classified as fireworks other than those classified as Class C.
(11) WHOLESALER. Any person engaged in the business of making sales of fireworks to any other person engaged in the business of making sales at seasonal retail.
(Acts 1981, No. 81-409, p. 638, §1; Acts 1987, No. 87-563, p. 876, §1.)Sections: Previous 8-17-155 8-17-170 8-17-171 8-17-172 8-17-173 8-17-174 8-17-190 8-17-210 8-17-211 8-17-212 8-17-213 8-17-214 8-17-215 8-17-216 8-17-216.1 Next
Last modified: February 19, 2012