Code of Alabama - Title 9: Conservation and Natural Resources - Chapter 7 - Preservation, Development, Etc., of Coastal Areas
Legal Research Home >
- Section 9-7-10 Definitions
The following terms, whenever used in this chapter shall have the following respective meanings unless the context clearly indicates otherwise: (1) COASTAL AREA. The ...
- Section 9-7-11 Purpose of chapter; legislative findings
The purpose of this chapter is to promote, improve and safeguard the lands and waters located in the coastal areas of this state through ...
- Section 9-7-12 Declaration of state policy
The Legislature finds and declares that it is state policy: (1) To preserve, protect, develop and, where possible, to restore or enhance the resources ...
- Section 9-7-13 Activities deemed permissible uses within coastal area; determination of additional permissible uses
(a) The Legislature of Alabama finds that the following activities shall constitute permissible uses within the coastal area: (1) The accomplishment of emergency decrees ...
- Section 9-7-14 Coastal Area Board - Created; composition; qualifications, appointment, term of office and compensation of members; officers; meetings; seal; powers and duties generally; executive director and employees; technical assistance to board; acceptance, use and disposition of funds, facilities, etc
(a) through (g) Repealed by Acts 1982, No. 82-612, p. 1111, §14(b), effective October 1, 1982. (h) The board shall have authority to solicit, ...
- Section 9-7-15 Coastal Area Board - Development of coastal area management program
The board shall provide for the development of a comprehensive coastal area management program. The program shall be prepared in cooperation with local, regional, ...
- Section 9-7-16 Department of Environmental Management - Promulgation of rules and regulations
The department shall develop and promulgate, after notice and opportunity for full participation by relevant federal agencies, state agencies, local governments, regional organizations, port ...
- Section 9-7-17 Approval by Governor of management program
(a) The management program provided for in Section 9-7-15 shall not become effective until approved by the Governor. (b) Repealed by Acts 1982, No. ...
- Section 9-7-20 Requirements as to permits generally; regulation of uses of lands within coastal area by local government units; filing with board copies of applications for federal permits
(a) It is the intent and purpose of this section to avoid duplication whenever possible as to managing activities within the coastal area and ...
Last modified: February 19, 2012