Code of Alabama - Title 12: Courts - Chapter 9 - Judicial System Study Commission
Legal Research Home >
- Section 12-9-1 Creation; duties generally
A permanent study commission on Alabama's judicial system is hereby created. This commission shall continuously study the judicial system of the state, the courts ...
- Section 12-9-2 Composition; appointment of certain members; terms of office of members
(a) Such commission shall be composed of the following members: (1) Six members of the House of Representatives, one of whom shall be the ...
- Section 12-9-3 Reimbursement of expenses of members
The members of the study commission on Alabama's judicial system are entitled to reimbursement for their actual and necessary expenses, including travel, lodging and ...
- Section 12-9-4 Chairman, vice-chairman and secretary; executive committee
The chairman of the commission shall be the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Alabama. The commission shall elect a vice-chairman and a ...
- Section 12-9-5 Commission to serve as agency for grants, etc., and coordinate and conduct studies
Such commission shall serve as an agency to apply for and receive any grants or other assistance and to coordinate and conduct studies in ...
- Section 12-9-6 Chairman authorized to apply for grants, etc
The chairman of the commission is authorized to apply for grants and other assistance to any public or private entity and to take any ...
- Section 12-9-7 Assistance of commission by Legislative Reference Service and by law institute; appointment, etc., of research analyst and other employees; employment and compensation of consultants and experts
(a) The Alabama Legislative Reference Service shall provide such assistance to the commission as the commission may request. The Alabama Law Institute is authorized ...
- Section 12-9-8 Reports and recommendations
Said commission shall make reports and recommendations to the Governor, the Supreme Court of Alabama, the Court of Criminal Appeals, the Court of Civil ...
- Section 12-9-9 Use of appropriated funds or grants
In the event funds are appropriated by the Legislature for this commission or any grants or other assistance are received by the commission, then ...
Last modified: February 19, 2012