Code of Alabama - Title 13A: Criminal Code - Section 13A-12-3.4 - Notice requirements
Legal Research Home > Alabama Lawyer
Section 13A-12-3.4 - Notice requirements.
(a) The notice required under subdivision (4) of Section 13A-12-3.3 shall include all of the following:
(1) A statement that cigarette sales to consumers below the legal minimum age are illegal.
(2) A statement that sales of cigarettes are restricted to those consumers who provide verifiable proof of age in accordance with Section 13A-12-3.3.
(3) One of the warnings set forth in Section 4(a)(1) of the federal Cigarette Labeling and Advertising Act, 15 U.S.C. §1333(a)(1), rotated on a quarterly basis.
(4) A statement that cigarette sales are subject to tax under Section 40-25-2, and an explanation of how such tax has been, or is to be, paid with respect to the delivery sale.
(b) A statement meets the requirements of this section if all of the following occur:
(1) The statement is clear and conspicuous.
(2) The statement is contained in a printed box set apart from the other contents of the communication.
(3) The statement is printed in bold capital letters.
(4) The statement is printed with a degree of color contrast between the background and the printed statement that is no less than the color contrast between the background and the largest text used in the communication.
(5) For any printed material delivered by electronic means, the statement appears at both the top and the bottom of the electronic mail message or both the top and the bottom of the Internet website homepage.
(Act 2006-619, p. 1694, §1.)Sections: Previous 13A-12-1 13A-12-2 13A-12-3 13A-12-3.1 13A-12-3.2 13A-12-3.3 13A-12-3.4 13A-12-3.5 13A-12-3.6 13A-12-3.7 13A-12-4 13A-12-5 13A-12-6 13A-12-20 13A-12-21 Next
Last modified: February 19, 2012