Code of Alabama - Title 15: Criminal Procedure - Chapter 19 - Youthful Offenders
Legal Research Home >
- Section 15-19-1 Investigation and examination by court to determine how tried; consent of minor to trial without jury; arraignment as youthful offender; notice and hearing
(a) A person charged with a crime which was committed in his or her minority but was not disposed of in juvenile court and ...
- Section 15-19-2 Investigations for court by probation officers
It shall be the duty of all probation officers of the State of Alabama to make such investigations for the court as requested by ...
- Section 15-19-3 Trial - Sessions to be separate from adult trials
The trial of youthful offenders and proceedings involving them shall be conducted at court sessions separate from those for adults charged with crime. ...
- Section 15-19-4 Trial - Without jury
If a defendant does not plead guilty, the trial of the charge as a youthful offender shall be before the judge without a jury. ...
- Section 15-19-5 Inadmissibility of examination and investigation statements, admissions and confessions; consideration of statements, etc., at time of sentencing
No statement, admission or confession made by a defendant to the court or to any officer thereof during the examination and investigation referred to ...
- Section 15-19-6 Disposition upon adjudication
(a) If a person is adjudged a youthful offender and the underlying charge is a felony, the court shall: (1) Suspend the imposition or ...
- Section 15-19-7 Effect of determination; records not open to public inspection; exception
(a) No determination made under the provisions of this chapter shall disqualify any youth for public office or public employment, operate as a forfeiture ...
Speak with a Lawyer in Alabama
Last modified: March 18, 2014