Code of Alabama - Title 16: Education - Chapter 21 - Libraries
Legal Research Home >
- Section 16-21-1 County may appropriate funds for school libraries
The county commission or board of education in any county is hereby authorized to appropriate funds to any public school under the control of ...
- Section 16-21-2 Library books and equipment
The State Superintendent of Education, with the advice of the Director of the Department of Archives and History, shall compile and publish a carefully ...
- Section 16-21-3 Circulating libraries
Any county board of education may in lieu of granting separate libraries for each school establish a system of circulating libraries, said libraries to ...
- Section 16-21-30 Short title
This article shall be known and may be cited as the Alabama Virtual Library Act. ...
- Section 16-21-31 Definitions
As used in this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings: (1) AVL. The Alabama Virtual Library. An educational entity that provides ...
- Section 16-21-32 Purpose
The intent of this article shall be to create the Alabama Virtual Library and the Alabama Virtual Library Executive Council. ...
- Section 16-21-33 Alabama Virtual Library Executive Council
(a) There is created the Alabama Virtual Library Executive Council whose purpose shall be to manage and govern the AVL. The council shall be ...
- Section 16-21-34 Adoption of rules; membership of council
(a) The council may adopt rules to govern its proceedings according to the Administrative Procedure Act. (b) The council membership shall be inclusive and ...
- Section 16-21-35 Educational entity; funding
The Alabama Virtual Library as currently administered is recognized and established as an educational entity for public school students. The Alabama Virtual Library may ...
Last modified: February 19, 2012