Code of Alabama - Title 16: Education - Chapter 6 - Alabama Education Study Commission
Legal Research Home >
- Section 16-6-1 Created; membership; appointment; terms; vacancies; meetings; compensation
There is hereby created the Alabama Education Study Commission, herein called the commission, which shall constitute a permanent agency of the state and shall ...
- Section 16-6-2 Organization; quorum; majority vote
The commission shall elect a chairman and vice-chairman from among its members. Five members of the commission shall constitute a quorum. The commission shall ...
- Section 16-6-3 Employees; contracts for services
The commission shall have the authority to employ an executive secretary and such other personnel as, in its discretion, is needed for the performance ...
- Section 16-6-4 Reports to Legislature
The commission is authorized and directed to report to the Legislature at each regular session with respect to the following: (1) An analysis and ...
- Section 16-6-5 Cooperation of State Superintendent of Education and other agencies; authority to summon and examine officials and records; use of facilities, etc., of other agencies
(a) The State Superintendent of Education and all local boards of education and boards of trustees of the institutions of higher learning shall, on ...
- Section 16-6-5.1 Alabama Education Study Commission designated as standards of excellence commission; responsibilities of commission
The Legislature does hereby designate the Alabama Education Study Commission as a standards on excellence commission. The commission is currently responsible for examining the ...
- Section 16-6-6 Acceptance of gifts, etc
The commission is authorized to accept gifts, devises or bequests and expend the same to carry out the provisions of this chapter. ...
Last modified: February 19, 2012