Code of Alabama - Title 26: Infants and Incompetents - Chapter 21 - Parental Consent to Performing Abortion Upon Minor
Legal Research Home >
- Section 26-21-1 Legislative purpose and findings
(a) It is the intent of the Legislature in enacting this parental consent provision to further the important and compelling state interests of: (1) ...
- Section 26-21-2 Definitions
For purposes of this chapter, the following definitions shall apply: (1) MINOR. Any person under the age of 18 years; (2) EMANCIPATED MINOR. Any ...
- Section 26-21-3 Written consent of parent or guardian to performing abortion on unemancipated minor; written notice to minor's mother where pregnancy caused by natural father; written statement where abortion to be performed on emancipated minor; waiver of consent requirement
(a) Except as otherwise provided in subsections (b) and (e) of this section and Sections 26-21-4 and 26-21-5 hereof, no person shall perform an ...
- Section 26-21-4 Procedure for waiver of consent requirement - Notice to parents or guardian prohibited; participation in proceedings; right to counsel; hearsay evidence; assistance in preparing petition; confidentiality; contents of petition; precedence of proceeding; time for court's decision; findings and conclusions; appeal; no fees or costs
(a) A minor who elects not to seek or does not or cannot for any reason, obtain consent from either of her parents or ...
- Section 26-21-5 Medical emergencies
This chapter shall not apply when, in the best clinical judgment of the attending physician on the facts of the case before him, a ...
- Section 26-21-6 Penalties for violation of chapter
Any person who intentionally performs or causes to be performed an abortion in violation of the provisions of this chapter or intentionally fails to ...
- Section 26-21-7 Nonliability of physician for claims arising out of disclosure of information; nondisclosure of information regarding abortion pursuant to court order; physician has no duty to secure waiver
No physician who complies with the parental consent requirement(s) of this chapter shall be liable in any manner to the minor upon whom the ...
- Section 26-21-8 Confidentiality of records and information involving court proceedings; statistical records; penalty for disclosure; reports to Bureau of Vital Statistics
(a) Records and information involving court proceedings conducted pursuant to Section 26-21-4 shall be confidential and shall not be disclosed other than to the ...
Last modified: February 19, 2012