Code of Alabama - Title 27: Insurance - Chapter 52 - Alabama Health Insurance Plan and Alabama Small Employer Allocation. Program
Legal Research Home >
- Article 1 Alabama Health Insurance Plan.
- Section 27-52-1 Alabama Health Insurance Plan created
There is hereby created the Alabama Health Insurance Plan which shall, as a high risk pool in the State of Alabama, provide health insurance ...
- Section 27-52-2 Authority
The plan shall have the general powers and authority granted under the laws of this state to health insurers and in addition thereto, the ...
- Section 27-52-3 Additional powers; guidelines
(a) The commissioner shall, by regulation, establish additional powers and duties of the plan and may adopt such rules as are necessary and proper ...
- Section 27-52-4 Coverage
The plan shall offer health care coverage consistent with major medical expense coverage to every eligible person who is not eligible for Medicare. The ...
- Section 27-52-5 Liability of plan
Neither the establishment of rates, forms, or procedures nor any other joint or collective action required by this article shall be the basis of ...
- Section 27-52-6 Exemptions
The plan established pursuant to this article shall be exempt from payment of all fees and all taxes levied by this state or any ...
- Article 2 Alabama Small Employer Allocation Program.
- Section 27-52-20 Alabama Small Employer Allocation Program created
There is hereby created the Alabama Small Employer Allocation Program which shall promote the availability of health insurance coverage to small employers regardless of ...
- Section 27-52-21 Commissioner of Insurance; benefits offered to small employers; "small employer" defined
(a) The Commissioner of Insurance shall, by regulation, establish the conditions, restrictions, requirements, and plan of operation of the Alabama Small Employer Allocation Program ...
- Article 3 Regulation of Plan and Program.
- Section 27-52-30 Consultation with State Board of Health
The commissioner shall consult with the State Board of Health on all aspects related to the provision of medical services under the Alabama Health ...
Last modified: February 19, 2012