Code of Alabama - Title 45: Local Laws - Chapter 13 - Clarke County
Legal Research Home >
- Article 1 General and Miscellaneous Provisions.
- Section 45-13-10 Disclaimer
(a) This chapter endeavors to add to the Code of Alabama 1975, all Clarke County local laws enacted after 1978 and all Clarke County ...
- Article 2 Alcoholic Beverages.
- Section 45-13-20 Municipal option election for legalization of sale and distribution of alcoholic beverages
(a)(1) The Legislature of Alabama is cognizant of "Opinion of the Justices No. 376," issued April 9, 2002, which states that a local bill ...
- Article 3 Boards and Commissions.
- Article 4 Business, Labor, and Occupations.
- Division 1 Banks.
- Section 45-13-40 Branch banks authorized
Any bank, either incorporated or unincorporated, which is established in Clarke County, shall have the power to establish, to maintain, and to operate within ...
- Part 2 Massage Parlor.
- Section 45-13-41 License requirements; operation of massage parlor; unlawful activities; violations
(a) The provisions of this section shall apply to all counties having a population of not less than 26,000 nor more than 26,800 inhabitants ...
- Article 5 Constables.
- Article 6 Coroner.
- Part 1 Compensation.
- Section 45-13-60 Expense allowance
The Coroner of Clarke County shall be entitled to receive a total expense allowance in the amount of five hundred dollars ($500) per month ...
- Part 2 Deputy Cororners.
- Section 45-13-61 Office of deputy coroner created
In Clarke County, there is hereby created the office of deputy coroner who shall have the same qualifications, powers and duties, and shall receive ...
- Article 7 County Commission.
- Part 1 Compensation.
- Section 45-13-70 Members to serve part-time; salary; centralized road system; work plan of county engineer and annual budget; clerical assistance; recordkeeping; inspection of roads and bridges
(a) Beginning with the term of office of any member of the county commission which commences on or after November 2000, the chair and ...
- Part 2 Membership.
- Section 45-13-71 Composition; election by districts
(a) The county commission herein created shall consist of five members, one of whom shall serve as chairman as hereinafter provided. (b) The five ...
- Article 8 Courts.
- Part 1 Court Costs.
- Section 45-13-80 Increase to costs and charges; Pistol Permit Fund
Commencing June 1, 1980, all costs and charges of court in the Clarke County Division of the First Judicial Circuit of this state shall ...
- Section 45-13-80.01 Additional court costs and fees; courthouse addition
(a) In any case in which court costs are assessed in the district and circuit courts of Clarke County, or the municipal courts in ...
- Part 2 Probate Court.
- Section 45-13-81 Compensation; office space, personnel, equipment; chief clerk
(a) The Probate Judge of Clarke County shall be entitled to receive total compensation in the form of an annual salary in the amount ...
- Part 3 District Attorney.
- Section 45-13-82 Assessment of docket fee in certain cases; Solicitor's Fair Trial Fund
(a) In all juvenile, traffic, criminal, and quasi-criminal cases in the juvenile, district, circuit, and municipal courts in Clarke County, a docket fee, hereinafter ...
- Section 45-13-82.01 Assessment of docket fee in certain civil cases; Fair Trial Tax Fund
(a) In all civil cases in the circuit and district courts in Clarke County, a docket fee, hereinafter referred to as a solicitor's fee, ...
- Article 9 Economic and Industrial Development and Tourism.
- Article 10 Education.
- Part 1 Board of Education.
- Division 1 Compensation.
- Section 45-13-100 Expense allowance
In Clarke County, each member of the county board of education is hereby entitled to an additional monthly expense allowance of seventy-five dollars ($75) ...
- Division 2 Memsbership.
- Section 45-13-100.20 Composition; election by districts
(a) The County Board of Education of Clarke County shall consist of five members elected from five single-member school board districts as hereinafter provided. ...
- Part 2 Superintendent of Education.
- Section 45-13-101 Qualifications
(a) In Clarke County, notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary, no person shall be eligible for appointment by the county board of ...
- Article 11 Eelctions.
- Article 12 Employees.
- Part 1 Commissioner of Licenses.
- Section 45-13-120 Compensation; election; oath and bond; office space, equipment; chief clerk; powers and duties; issuance of licenses; disposition of funds
(a)(1) Effective October 1, 1991, there is hereby created the office of commissioner of licenses. The salary of the commissioner of licenses shall be ...
- Part 2 License Inspector.
- Section 45-13-121 Appointment; compensation; oath and bond; office space, equipment; powers and duties; delinquency fees
(a) In Clarke County, there is hereby created and established the office of county license inspector. With the approval of the county commission, the ...
- Article 13 Engineer, County.
- Section 45-13-130 Powers and duties
The county commission shall employ a county engineer, who shall be a qualified and competent civil engineer, possessing all of the qualities as specified ...
- Article 14 Fire Protection and Emergency Medical Services.
- Article 15 Gambling.
- Article 16 Government Finance and Operations.
- Section 45-13-160 Exercise of police power, etc., in Choctaw County
No municipality in Clarke County whose corporate limits do not lie within or extend into and embrace and include a portion of Choctaw County ...
- Article 17 Health and Environment.
- Section 45-13-170 Fees for services
(a) The Clarke County Board of Health shall designate the services rendered by the county health department for which fees may be charged and ...
- Section 45-13-170.01 Enforcement of litter laws
(a) The Clarke County Health Department may enforce littering laws, and other laws relating to littering in Clarke County, in addition to health laws ...
- Article 18 Highways and Bridges.
- Article 19 Legislature.
- Article 20 Licenses and Licensing.
- Article 21 Motor Vehicles and Transportation.
- Section 45-13-210 Motor vehicle tags; fees
(a) This section shall only apply in Clarke County. (b)(1) For each motor vehicle as defined in Section 40-12-240, excluding any trailer qualifying for ...
- Article 22 Parks, Historic Preservation, Museums, and Recreation.
- Article 23 Sheriff.
- Part 1 Compensation.
- Section 45-13-230 Salary
(a) This section shall be operative only in Clarke County. (b) The Sheriff of Clarke County, Alabama, shall receive an annual salary equal to ...
- Part 2 Jails.
- Section 45-13-231 Jail canteen; inmate telephone system; Sheriff's Jail Fund
(a) The Sheriff of Clarke County or the authorized agents of the sheriff may operate a jail canteen and inmate telephone system within the ...
- Part 3 Pistol Permits.
- Section 45-13-232 Fee; Sheriff's Fund
(a) This section shall apply only to Clarke County. (b) In Clarke County, the total fee for issuance of a permit to carry a ...
- Article 24 Taxation.
- Part 1 Board of Equalization.
- Section 45-13-240 Expense allowance
In Clarke County, the members of the Board of Equalization shall be entitled to an expense allowance of thirty dollars ($30) a day for ...
- Part 2 Revenue Commissioner.
- Division 1 Office established.
- Section 45-13-241 Consolidation of offices and duties of tax assessor and tax collector; chief clerk; oath and bond; office space, equipment; disposition of funds
(a) On and after October 1, 1991, or if a vacancy occurs in either the office of tax assessor or the office of tax ...
- Division 2 Redemption of land.
- Section 45-13-241.20 Tax sales, redemption duties transferred
In Clarke County, Alabama, the procedure for redeeming lands sold for taxes in the county shall be the same as provided in Article 5, ...
- Part 3 Tax, Ad Valorem.
- Section 45-13-242 Additional tax for public school purposes
In Clarke County, Alabama, in addition to any and all other taxes heretofore levied, the county commission may, by resolution, impose an additional ad ...
- Part 4 Tax, Lodging.
- Section 45-13-243 Levy of tax; promotion of tourism and economic development
(a) This section shall be applicable only to Clarke County. (b) There is levied and imposed, in addition to all other taxes of every ...
- Part 5 Tax, Sales and Use.
- Section 45-13-244 Levy and collection of tax; use of funds for jail construction, operation, etc., and for school purposes
(a) This section shall only apply to Clarke County. (b) As used in this section, state sales and use tax means the tax imposed ...
- Part 6 Tax, Tobacco.
- Division 1 1992 Tax.
- Section 45-13-245 Levy and collection of tax; disposition of funds
(a)(1) There is imposed on every person, firm, or corporation that sells, stores, delivers, uses, or otherwise consumes tobacco or tobacco products in Clarke ...
- Division 2 2003 Tax.
- Section 45-13-245.20 Additional tax
(a)(1) Upon adoption of a resolution by the Clarke County Commission, the county commission may impose on every person, firm, or corporation that sells, ...
- Article 25 Utilities.
- Article 26 Zoning and Planning.
Last modified: February 19, 2012