Code of Alabama - Title 30: Marital and Domestic Relations - Section 30-3-195 - State Disbursement Unit
Legal Research Home > Code of Alabama
Section 30-3-195 - State Disbursement Unit.
(a) The state Title IV-D agency shall establish and operate a unit, which shall be known as the State Disbursement Unit, for the collection and disbursement of payments made under support orders as follows:
(1) In all cases being enforced by the state pursuant to Title IV-D of the Social Security Act.
(2) In all cases not being enforced by the state Title IV-D agency in which the support order is initially issued in the state on or after January 1, 1994, and in which the income of the noncustodial parent is subject to withholding under state law.
(b) The State Disbursement Unit shall be operated directly by the state Title IV-D agency or by a contractor responsible directly to the state Title IV-D agency.
(c) The responsibilities of the State Disbursement Unit shall include the following:
(1) Receipt of payments from parents, employers, and other states' agencies, and for disbursements to custodial parents and other obligees, the state agency, and the agencies of other states.
(2) Accurate identification of payments received.
(3) Prompt disbursement of the custodial parent's share of any payment.
(4) Furnishing to any parent, upon request, timely information on the current status of support payments under an order requiring payments to be made by or to the parent, except that in cases described in subsection (a), the State Disbursement Unit shall not be required to convert and maintain in automated form records of payments kept for cases not subject to Title IV-D of the Social Security Act before July 1, 1997.
(5) Provide one location for employers to which income withholding payments are sent.
(d) The State Disbursement Unit may delay the distribution of collections toward arrearages until the resolution of any timely appeal with respect to such arrearages.
(e) A certified copy of the computer generated report or record from the State Disbursement Unit shall be admissible as evidence pursuant to Rule 902 of the Alabama Rules of Evidence.
(Acts 1997, No. 97-447, p. 772, §6.)Sections: Previous 30-3-176 30-3-177 30-3-178 30-3-179 30-3-190 30-3-191 30-3-192 30-3-193 30-3-194 30-3-195 30-3-196 30-3-197 30-3-198 30-3-199 30-3-200 Next
Speak with a Lawyer in Alabama
Last modified: March 18, 2014