Code of Alabama - Title 32: Motor Vehicles and Traffic - Chapter 4 - Highway and Traffic Safety Coordination Act
Legal Research Home >
- Section 32-4-1 Short title
This chapter shall be known as, and may be cited as, the "Highway and Traffic Safety Coordination Act of 1967." ...
- Section 32-4-2 Declaration of policy; authority of Governor
It is the public policy of this state in every way possible to reduce the number of traffic accidents, deaths, injuries, and property damage ...
- Section 32-4-3 Coordinator of Highway and Traffic Safety - Office created; appointment; term of office; duties
There is hereby created within the executive department of the state government, and immediately under the supervision of the Governor, the office of Coordinator ...
- Section 32-4-4 Coordinator of Highway and Traffic Safety - Quarters; staff; supplies
The Governor is authorized to provide and designate for the use of the coordinator such space as shall be necessary to quarter the coordinator ...
- Section 32-4-5 Participation in benefits of National Highway Safety Act of 1966; standards and programs of political subdivisions
The Governor is hereby authorized and granted the power to contract and to exercise any other powers which may be necessary in order to ...
- Section 32-4-6 Cooperation with and participation in programs of federal and other agencies
The Governor, acting for and in behalf of the State of Alabama, is authorized to cooperate with, and participate in, the programs of all ...
- Section 32-4-7 Powers of local governing bodies
The governing authorities of the various counties and municipalities are empowered to contract with the state, federal, and other local, public and private agencies ...
Last modified: February 19, 2012