Code of Alabama - Title 33: Navigation and Watercourses - Section 33-13-1 - Definitions
Legal Research Home > Alabama Lawyer
Section 33-13-1 - Definitions.
The following words and phrases, wherever used in this chapter, and others evidently intended as the equivalent thereof, shall, in the absence of clear implication otherwise, be given the following respective interpretations herein:
(1) AUTHORITY. The public corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this chapter under the name Alabama Port Authority.
(2) BOARD. The board of directors of the authority.
(3) BONDS. The bonds issued under the provisions of this chapter.
(4) PERSON. Unless limited to a natural person by the context in which it is used, such term includes a public or private corporation organized under the laws of Alabama or of another state, a municipality, a county or an agency, department or instrumentality of a county or municipality of one or more of the several states or of the United States.
(5) PROPERTY. Such term means and includes real and personal property and interests therein.
(6) STATE. The State of Alabama.
(7) STATE DOCKS FACILITIES. Docks and all kinds of docks facilities, including elevators, warehouses, water and rail terminals, wharves, piles, quays, compresses, cold storage facilities, loading and unloading facilities and other related structures, facilities and equipment and property used or held for use or development of or in connection with any thereof, now or hereafter owned by the State of Alabama at the Port of Mobile.
(8) STATE DOCKS DEPARTMENT. The Alabama State Docks Department, an agency of the state.
(9) STATE DOCKS DIRECTOR. The Director of State Docks or other chief executive officer of the State Docks Department.
(Acts 1975, 2nd Ex. Sess., No. 78, p. 206, §2.)Sections: 33-13-1 33-13-2 33-13-3 33-13-4 33-13-5 33-13-6 33-13-7 33-13-8 33-13-9 33-13-10 33-13-11 33-13-12 33-13-13 Next
Last modified: February 19, 2012