Code of Alabama - Title 38: Public Welfare - Section 38-7-8 - License to operate or conduct child-care facility - Revocation or refusal to renew license - Grounds
Legal Research Home > Alabama Lawyer
Section 38-7-8 - License to operate or conduct child-care facility - Revocation or refusal to renew license - Grounds.
The department may revoke or refuse to renew the license or the approval of any child-care facility or refuse to issue a full license to the holder of a six-month permit should the license or the child-care facility designated on the notice of approval or the holder of a six-month permit:
(1) Consistently fail to maintain standards prescribed and published by the department;
(2) Violate the provisions of the license issued;
(3) Furnish or make any misleading or any false statements or report to the department;
(4) Refuse to submit to the department any reports or refuse to make available to the department any records required by the department in making investigation of the child-care facility for licensing purposes; provided, however, that the department shall not revoke or refuse to renew a license in such case unless it has made written demand on the person, firm or corporation operating the facility requesting such report or reports and such person, firm or corporation fails or refuses to submit such records for a period of 10 days;
(5) Fail or refuse to submit to an investigation by the department;
(6) Fail or refuse to admit authorized representatives of the department at any reasonable time for the purpose of investigation;
(7) Fail to provide, maintain, equip and keep in safe and sanitary condition premises established or used for child care as required under standards prescribed by the department, or as otherwise required by any law, regulation or ordinance applicable to such facility;
(8) Refuse to display its license or permit; or
(9) Fail to maintain financial resources adequate for the satisfactory care of children served in regard to upkeep of premises and provisions for personal care, medical services, clothing, learning experience and other essentials in the proper care, rearing and training of children.
(Acts 1971, 3rd Ex. Sess., No. 174, p. 4423, §8.)Sections: Previous 38-7-1 38-7-2 38-7-3 38-7-4 38-7-5 38-7-6 38-7-7 38-7-8 38-7-9 38-7-10 38-7-11 38-7-12 38-7-13 38-7-14 38-7-15 Next
Last modified: February 19, 2012