Code of Alabama - Title 40: Revenue and Taxation - Chapter 4 - Tax Assessors
Legal Research Home >
- Section 40-4-1 Bonds
The tax assessor in every county in the State of Alabama shall, before entering upon the discharge of the duties of his office as ...
- Section 40-4-2 Amount and payment of commissions
The tax assessor shall be entitled to receive from the tax collector, out of the first money collected by him, giving duplicate receipts therefor, ...
- Section 40-4-3 Disposition of fees of assessor paid on salary basis
In all counties where the tax assessor is paid on a salary instead of a fee basis, all fees allowed under the terms of ...
- Section 40-4-4 No commissions on erroneous assessments, etc
The tax assessor shall not receive commissions on errors made in assessments, on abatements or deductions from assessments allowed the taxpayer, nor on taxes ...
- Section 40-4-5 Schedule of fees
For making the demand on the taxpayer for his list of property to be returned and for each return of property to "owner unknown," ...
- Section 40-4-6 Deputies
The tax assessor is authorized to appoint deputies, and the acts of such deputies shall be recognized as his acts, and he shall be ...
- Section 40-4-7 Printing and furnishing blank forms; copy of returns
It is the duty of the assessor to have printed, at the expense of the county, a sufficient number of assessment blank forms in ...
- Section 40-4-8 Duty of county officials to furnish assessor and collector with books, blanks, and stationery
It shall be the duty of the county commissions of the several counties in this state to supply the tax assessor, tax collector, and ...
Last modified: February 19, 2012