Code of Alabama - Title 41: State Government - Section 41-23-122 - Inland Waterways and Intermodal Infrastructure Advisory Board
Legal Research Home > Alabama Lawyer
Section 41-23-122 - Inland Waterways and Intermodal Infrastructure Advisory Board.
(a) The Director of ADECA shall create an Inland Waterways and Intermodal Infrastructure Advisory Board to advise the Director of ADECA. The membership of the board shall be inclusive and reflect the racial, gender, geographic, urban and rural, and economic diversity of the state. The membership of the board shall be composed of the following members to be selected and appointed by the Director of ADECA in consultation with the Coalition of Alabama Waterway Associations:
(1) One representative from each of the associations representing the five major navigable waterways serving Alabama, namely the Coosa-Alabama River Improvement Association, Warrior-Tombigbee Waterway Association, Tri Rivers Waterway Development Association, Tennessee River Valley Association, and Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway Development Authority.
(2) One member from public port operations which have existing waterfront cargo handling facilities and which regularly employ the use of barge transportation.
(3) One member from private port operations which serve the public, have existing waterfront cargo handling facilities, and which regularly employ the use of barge transportation.
(4) The Executive Director of the Alabama State Port Authority, or his or her designee.
(5) The Chair of the Alabama delegation of the Southern Rapid Rail Commission, or his or her designee.
(6) The Director of the Alabama Department of Transportation, or his or her designee.
(7) The Commissioner of the Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries, or his or her designee.
(8) The Director of the Alabama Development Office, or his or her designee.
(9) The Division Chief of the Office of Water Resources at ADECA, or his or her designee.
(10) One member at large from a business or industry associated with inland waterway navigation or intermodal infrastructure facilities in the state.
(b) Board members shall serve at the pleasure of the Director of ADECA and shall continue in office until replaced. The Director of ADECA shall serve as chair, and a vice chair shall be elected by the board membership. Members of the board shall be reimbursed from funds available to ADECA for expenses, including travel and lodging in support of official board activities, to the same extent as state officers are reimbursed for state travel and per diem. The board shall meet at least two times a year and as necessary at the call of the chair.
(c) The board shall perform the following functions:
(1) Serve in an advisory capacity to the Director of ADECA, the Governor, and the Legislature in accomplishing its mission pursuant to this article.
(2) Assist in the development of rules, standards, policies, procedures, and directions of the office regarding its duties and responsibilities authorized by this article.
(3) Recommend specific public and private actions that would enable the state to utilize its waterways and intermodal infrastructure to promote future growth and economic development.
(4) Advise the Director of ADECA on applications submitted to the Inland Waterways and Intermodal Infrastructure Fund for financial assistance in the development and improvement of infrastructure supporting commercial river activities and intermodal facilities.
(Act 2009-776, p. 2422, §3.)Sections: Previous 41-23-82 41-23-83 41-23-84 41-23-85 41-23-100 41-23-101 41-23-102 41-23-120 41-23-121 41-23-122 41-23-123 41-23-124 41-23-140 41-23-141 41-23-142 Next
Last modified: February 19, 2012