Arizona Revised Statutes - Title 6 Banks and Financial Institutions - Section 6-991.01 Exemptions
This article does not apply to:
1. Registered loan originators.
2. An individual who offers or negotiates terms of a residential mortgage loan secured by a dwelling that served as the individual's residence.
3. A person who is a responsible individual as described in section 6-903, 6-943 or 6-973 and who does not act as a loan originator pursuant to article 1, 2 or 3 of this chapter.
4. An employee of a commercial mortgage banker licensed pursuant to article 3 of this chapter.
5. An employee of a person licensed pursuant to this chapter if the licensee affirms in writing to the superintendent that the licensee will not originate or negotiate a mortgage loan that has security in the form of a residential dwelling of one to four units.
6. A person who, as seller of real property, receives one or more mortgages or deeds of trust as security for a purchase money obligation.
7. A licensed attorney who negotiates the terms of a residential mortgage loan on behalf of a client as an ancillary matter to the attorney's representation of the client, unless the attorney is compensated by a lender, a mortgage broker or any other loan originator or by any agent of the lender, mortgage broker or other loan originator.
8. An individual who offers to negotiate terms of a residential mortgage loan with or on behalf of the individual's immediate family member and who does not otherwise engage in the business of a loan originator.
9. A manufactured home retailer and its employees if performing only clerical or support duties in connection with the sale or lease of a manufactured home and the manufactured home retailer and its employees receive no compensation or other gain from a mortgage banker or a mortgage broker for the performance of the clerical or support duties.
10. An individual who is employed by a residential mortgage loan servicer if the individual is involved solely in loss mitigation efforts, unless the United States department of housing and urban development determines that the secure and fair enforcement for mortgage licensing act of 2008 (P.L. 110-289; 122 Stat. 2810; 12 United States Code sections 5101 through 5116) requires the individual to be licensed as a mortgage loan originator. For the purposes of this paragraph, "loss mitigation efforts" means a residential mortgage loan borrower is in default or default is reasonably foreseeable and an individual works with the borrower on behalf of the residential mortgage loan servicer to modify either temporarily or permanently the obligation or to otherwise mitigate loss on an existing residential mortgage loan.
11. An employee or the person who is the responsible individual of a financial institution who is licensed pursuant to article 1, 2 or 3 of this chapter if the responsible individual certifies in writing to the superintendent that the employee or the responsible individual, or both the employee and the responsible individual, will only originate commercial mortgage loans as defined in section 6-901.Sections: Previous 6-980 6-981 6-982 6-983 6-984 6-985 6-991 6-991.01 6-991.02 6-991.03 6-991.04 6-991.05 6-991.06 6-991.07 6-991.08 Next
Last modified: February 19, 2012