Arizona Revised Statutes - Title 28 Transportation - Section 28-4133 Insurance identification cards; documentary evidence; exception
28-4133. Insurance identification cards; documentary evidence; exception
A. An authorized insurer shall issue at least two motor vehicle insurance identification cards for a motor vehicle or automobile liability policy that meets the requirements of section 28-4009 or section 28-4033, subsection A, paragraph 2, subdivision (c).
B. The card shall state that:
1. A person is required to possess evidence of financial responsibility within the motor vehicle.
2. The card meets the requirement.
3. The card is satisfactory evidence if the person is asked by the department of transportation to verify financial responsibility on the motor vehicle.
C. All documentary evidence issued by an insurer or an authorized agent of the insurer shall indicate:
1. The name of the insurer as listed with the department of insurance.
2. For the purpose of verifying insurance coverage, the mailing address and telephone number of the insurer or an authorized agent of the insurer.
3. In order to accurately verify insurance coverage, other information as required by the department of transportation.
4. If a binder is issued by an authorized agent of an insurer, the name, address and telephone number of the agent.
D. This section does not apply to a commercial vehicle policy that provides automatic coverage for additional or newly acquired vehicles until the policy's expiration date.Sections: Previous 28-4084 28-4085 28-4086 28-4087 28-4088 28-4131 28-4132 28-4133 28-4134 28-4135 28-4137 28-4138 28-4139 28-4140 28-4141 Next
Last modified: February 20, 2012