48204. (a) Notwithstanding Section 48200, a pupil complies with the residency requirements for school attendance in a school district, if he or she is:
(1) (A) A pupil placed within the boundaries of that school district in a regularly established licensed children s institution, or a licensed foster home, or a family home pursuant to a commitment or placement under Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 200) of Part 1 of Division 2 of the Welfare and Institutions Code.
(B) An agency placing a pupil in the home or institution described in subparagraph (A) shall provide evidence to the school that the placement or commitment is pursuant to law.
(2) A pupil who is a foster child who remains in his or her school of origin pursuant to subdivisions (f) and (g) of Section 48853.5.
(3) A pupil for whom interdistrict attendance has been approved pursuant to Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 46600) of Part 26.
(4) A pupil whose residence is located within the boundaries of that school district and whose parent or legal guardian is relieved of responsibility, control, and authority through emancipation.
(5) A pupil who lives in the home of a caregiving adult that is located within the boundaries of that school district. Execution of an affidavit under penalty of perjury pursuant to Part 1.5 (commencing with Section 6550) of Division 11 of the Family Code by the caregiving adult is a sufficient basis for a determination that the pupil lives in the home of the caregiver, unless the school district determines from actual facts that the pupil is not living in the home of the caregiver.
(6) A pupil residing in a state hospital located within the boundaries of that school district.
(7) A pupil whose parent or legal guardian resides outside of the boundaries of that school district but is employed and lives with the pupil at the place of his or her employment within the boundaries of the school district for a minimum of three days during the school week.
(b) This section shall become operative on July 1, 2017.
(Amended (as amended by Stats. 2012, Ch. 93, Sec. 2) by Stats. 2015, Ch. 554, Sec. 2.5. Effective January 1, 2016. This section resumes operation on July 1, 2017, by its own provisions. See the operative Section 48204, as amended by Sec. 1.5 of Stats. 2015, Ch. 554.)Section: Previous 48200 48200.5 48201 48202 48203 48204 48204.a 48204.1 48204.2 48204.5 48205 48206.3 48206.5 48207 48208 Next
Last modified: September 9, 2016