331.302 Space Florida; creation; purpose.—
(1) There is established, formed, and created Space Florida, which is created as an independent special district, a body politic and corporate, and a subdivision of the state, to foster the growth and development of a sustainable and world-leading aerospace industry in this state. Space Florida shall promote aerospace business development by facilitating business financing, spaceport operations, research and development, workforce development, and innovative education programs. Space Florida has all the powers, rights, privileges, and authority as provided under the laws of this state.
(2) In carrying out its duties and responsibilities, Space Florida shall advise, coordinate, cooperate, and, when necessary, enter into memoranda of agreement with municipalities, counties, regional authorities, state agencies and organizations, appropriate federal agencies and organizations, and other interested persons and groups.
(3) Space Florida may not endorse any candidate for any elected public office or contribute money to the campaign of any candidate for public office.
(4) Space Florida is not an agency as defined in ss. 216.011 and 287.012.
(5) Space Florida is subject to applicable provisions of chapter 189. To the extent that any provisions of chapter 189 conflict with this act, this act shall prevail.
History.—ss. 2, 61, ch. 89-300; ss. 7, 8, ch. 90-192; s. 1, ch. 91-265; s. 11, ch. 2002-183; s. 3, ch. 2006-60.
Sections: Previous 331.10 331.15 331.20 331.21 331.22 331.301 331.3011 331.302 331.303 331.304 331.305 331.3051 331.306 331.307 331.3081 Next
Last modified: January 27, 2015