607.1430 Grounds for judicial dissolution.—A circuit court may dissolve a corporation or order such other remedy as provided in s. 607.1434:
(1)(a) In a proceeding by the Department of Legal Affairs if it is established that:
1. The corporation obtained its articles of incorporation through fraud; or
2. The corporation has continued to exceed or abuse the authority conferred upon it by law.
(b) The enumeration in paragraph (a) of grounds for involuntary dissolution does not exclude actions or special proceedings by the Department of Legal Affairs or any state official for the annulment or dissolution of a corporation for other causes as provided in any other statute of this state;
(2) In a proceeding by a shareholder if it is established that:
(a) The directors are deadlocked in the management of the corporate affairs, the shareholders are unable to break the deadlock, and irreparable injury to the corporation is threatened or being suffered; or
(b) The shareholders are deadlocked in voting power and have failed to elect successors to directors whose terms have expired or would have expired upon qualification of their successors;
(3) In a proceeding by a shareholder or group of shareholders in a corporation having 35 or fewer shareholders if it is established that:
(a) The corporate assets are being misapplied or wasted, causing material injury to the corporation; or
(b) The directors or those in control of the corporation have acted, are acting, or are reasonably expected to act in a manner that is illegal or fraudulent;
(4) In a proceeding by a creditor if it is established that:
(a) The creditor's claim has been reduced to judgment, the execution on the judgment returned unsatisfied, and the corporation is insolvent; or
(b) The corporation has admitted in writing that the creditor's claim is due and owing and the corporation is insolvent; or
(5) In a proceeding by the corporation to have its voluntary dissolution continued under court supervision.
History.—s. 131, ch. 89-154; s. 7, ch. 94-327.
Sections: Previous 607.1405 607.1406 607.1407 607.1420 607.1421 607.1422 607.1423 607.1430 607.1431 607.1432 607.1433 607.1434 607.1435 607.1436 607.14401 Next
Last modified: January 27, 2015