Florida Laws: FL Statutes - Title XXXII Regulation of Professions and Occupations Section 468.1105 Legislative intent.
468.4315 Regulatory Council of Community Association Managers.—
(1) The Regulatory Council of Community Association Managers is created within the department and shall consist of seven members appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate.
(a) Five members of the council shall be licensed community association managers, one of whom may be a community association manager employed by a timeshare managing entity as described in ss. 468.438 and 721.13, who have held an active license for at least 5 years. The remaining two council members shall be residents of this state, must not be or ever have been connected with the business of community association management, and shall not be prohibited from serving because the member is or has been a resident or board member of a community association.
(b) The Governor shall appoint members for terms of 4 years. Such members shall serve until their successors are appointed. Members’ service on the council shall begin upon appointment and shall continue until their successors are appointed.
(2) The council may adopt rules relating to the licensure examination, continuing education requirements, continuing education providers, fees, and professional practice standards to assist the department in carrying out the duties and authorities conferred upon the department by this part.
(3) To the extent the council is authorized to exercise functions otherwise exercised by a board pursuant to chapter 455, the provisions of chapter 455 and s. 20.165 relating to regulatory boards shall apply, including, but not limited to, provisions relating to board rules and the accountability and liability of board members. All proceedings and actions of the council are subject to the provisions of chapter 120. In addition, the provisions of chapter 455 and s. 20.165 shall apply to the department in carrying out the duties and authorities conferred upon the department by this part.
(4) The council may establish a public education program relating to professional community association management.
(5) Members of the council shall serve without compensation but are entitled to receive per diem and travel expenses pursuant to s. 112.061 while carrying out business approved by the council.
(6) The responsibilities of the council shall include, but not be limited to:
(a) Receiving input regarding issues of concern with respect to community association management and recommendations for changes in applicable laws.
(b) Reviewing, evaluating, and advising the division concerning revisions and adoption of rules affecting community association management.
(c) Recommending improvements, if needed, in the education programs offered by the division.
History.—ss. 10, 14, ch. 87-343; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 3, ch. 94-350; s. 3, ch. 96-291; s. 87, ch. 98-166; s. 162, ch. 99-251; s. 2, ch. 99-350; s. 146, ch. 2000-160; s. 2, ch. 2008-28.
Note.—Former s. 468.434.
Last modified: May 31, 2013