Title XXXII Regulation of Professions and Occupations Section 493.6100 Legislative intent.
493.6113 Renewal application for licensure.—
(1) A license granted under the provisions of this chapter shall be renewed biennially by the department, except for Class "A," Class "B," Class "AB," Class "R," and branch agency licenses, which shall be renewed every 3 years.
(2) At least 90 days before the expiration date of the license, the department shall mail a written notice to the last known mailing address of the licensee.
(3) Each licensee is responsible for renewing his or her license on or before its expiration by filing with the department an application for renewal accompanied by payment of the prescribed license fee.
(a) Each Class "B" licensee shall additionally submit on a form prescribed by the department a certification of insurance that evidences that the licensee maintains coverage as required under s. 493.6110.
(b) Each Class "G" licensee shall additionally submit proof that he or she has received during each year of the license period a minimum of 4 hours of firearms recertification training taught by a Class "K" licensee and has complied with such other health and training requirements which the department shall adopt by rule. Proof of completion of firearms recertification training shall be submitted to the department upon completion of the training. If documentation of completion of the required training is not submitted by the end of the first year of the 2-year term of the license, the individual's license shall be automatically suspended until proof of the required training is submitted to the department. If documentation of completion of the required training is not submitted by the end of the second year of the 2-year term of the license, the license shall not be renewed unless the renewal applicant completes the minimum number of hours of range and classroom training required at the time of initial licensure. The department may waive the firearms training requirement if:
1. The applicant provides proof that he or she is currently certified as a law enforcement officer or correctional officer under the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission and has completed law enforcement firearms requalification training annually during the previous 2 years of the licensure period;
2. The applicant provides proof that he or she is currently certified as a federal law enforcement officer and has received law enforcement firearms training administered by a federal law enforcement agency annually during the previous 2 years of the licensure period; or
3. The applicant submits a valid firearm certificate among those specified in s. 493.6105(6)(a) and provides proof of having completed requalification training during the previous 2 years of the licensure period.
(c) Each Class "DS" or Class "RS" licensee shall additionally submit the current curriculum, examination, and list of instructors.
(d) Each Class "K" licensee shall additionally submit one of the certificates specified under s. 493.6105(6) as proof that he or she remains certified to provide firearms instruction.
(4) A licensee who fails to file a renewal application on or before its expiration must renew his or her license by fulfilling the applicable requirements of subsection (3) and by paying a late fee equal to the amount of the license fee.
(5) No license shall be renewed 3 months or more after its expiration date. The applicant shall submit a new, complete application and the respective fees.
(6) A renewal applicant shall not perform any activity regulated by this chapter between the date of expiration and the date of renewal of his or her license.
History.—ss. 2, 11, ch. 90-364; s. 6, ch. 91-248; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 43, ch. 95-144; s. 531, ch. 97-103; s. 2, ch. 98-335; s. 7, ch. 2011-205; s. 15, ch. 2012-67; s. 3, ch. 2013-251.
Last modified: July 29, 2014