Florida Laws: FL Statutes - Title XLV Chapter 770 Civil Actions for Libel
Legal Research Home >
Florida Laws > Torts > Florida Laws: FL Statutes - Title XLV Chapter 770 Civil Actions for Libel
- 770.01 Notice condition precedent to action or prosecution for libel or slander.
Before any civil action is brought for publication or broadcast, in a newspaper, periodical, or other medium, of a libel or slander, the plaintiff shall,...
- 770.02 Correction, apology, or retraction by newspaper or broadcast station.
(1) If it appears upon the trial that said article or broadcast was published in good faith; that its falsity was due to an honest mistake...
- 770.03 Civil liability of broadcasting stations.
The owner, lessee, licensee, or operator of a broadcasting station shall have the right, except when prohibited by federal law or regulation, but shall not...
- 770.04 Civil liability of radio or television broadcasting stations; care to prevent publication or utterance required.
The owner, licensee, or operator of a radio or television broadcasting station, and the agents or employees of any such owner, licensee or operator, shall...
- 770.05 Limitation of choice of venue.
No person shall have more than one choice of venue for damages for libel or slander, invasion of privacy, or any other tort founded upon...
- 770.06 Adverse judgment in any jurisdiction a bar to additional action.
A judgment in any jurisdiction for or against the plaintiff upon the substantive merits of any action for damages founded upon a single publication or...
- 770.07 Cause of action, time of accrual.
The cause of action for damages founded upon a single publication or exhibition or utterance, as described in s. 770.05, shall be deemed to have...
- 770.08 Limitation on recovery of damages.
No person shall have more than one choice of venue for damages for libel founded upon a single publication or exhibition or utterance, as described...
Last modified: March 26, 2010