Florida Laws: FL Statutes - Title XX Chapter 292 Veterans' Affairs; Service Officers
Legal Research Home >
Florida Laws > Veterans > Florida Laws: FL Statutes - Title XX Chapter 292 Veterans' Affairs; Service Officers
- 292.05 Duties of Department of Veterans' Affairs.
(1) The Department of Veterans' Affairs shall provide assistance to all former, present, and future members of the Armed Forces of the United States and their...
- 292.055 Direct-support organization.
(1) SHORT TITLE; DIRECT-SUPPORT ORGANIZATION ESTABLISHED.--This section may be cited as the "Sergeant First Class Paul R. Smith Memorial Act." The Department of Veterans' Affairs may...
- 292.10 Local governing bodies authorized to assist war veterans; powers.
The board of county commissioners of each county and the governing body of each city in the state are hereby granted full and complete power...
- 292.11 County and city veteran service officer.
(1) Each board of county commissioners may employ a county veteran service officer; provide office space, clerical assistance, and the necessary supplies incidental to providing and...
- 292.12 Cooperation with other agencies.
The board of county commissioners of each county and the governing body of each city in the state may, in order to accomplish the purposes...
- 292.13 Services to be without charge.
All services performed by any county or city veteran service officer employed hereunder for any veteran or his or her dependents shall be rendered without...
- 292.14 Construction of law.
It is the intent and purpose of the Legislature that in construing this law the broadest interpretation be given to the same, in order to...
- 292.15 Taxation and appropriation.
The boards of county commissioners of the several counties of the state be and the same are hereby expressly authorized and empowered to levy a...
- 292.16 Construction of ss. 292.10-292.15.
Sections 292.10 to 292.15 shall not be construed to be exclusive, but shall be cumulative and supplemental to other acts relating to the same general...
Last modified: March 26, 2010