Definitions; A, B - Mich. Comp. Laws Section 287.805
(1) "Accredited veterinarian" means a veterinarian approved by the United States department of agriculture to perform specific functions required by cooperative state-federal disease control and eradication programs.
(2) "Animal" means any vertebrate member of the animal kingdom other than a human being.
(3) "Approved pseudorabies quarantined feedlot" means a swine feedlot premises inspected and approved by the director and whose owner has entered into an agreement with the director to comply with this act and rules or regulations promulgated pursuant to this act.
(4) "Approved swine assembly point" means a premises where swine are gathered which is inspected and approved by the director whose owner has entered into an agreement with the director to comply with this act and rules or regulations promulgated pursuant to this act.
(5) "Approved vaccine" means a preparation administered to livestock or other animals to induce a specific immunological response in the recipient, the use of which in this state shall be approved by the state veterinarian.
(6) "Boar" means any sexually intact male swine.
(7) "Breeding herd" means all swine on 1 swine premises that are maintained for breeding purposes or reproduction.
(8) "Breeding swine" means swine intended for use as breeding stock and all swine not intended for slaughter or feeding to market age and weight for slaughter including companion animals and research animals regardless of reproductive capacity. Breeding swine includes all boars and sows.
(9) "Broker" means any person, copartnership, association, or corporation engaged in the business of buying, receiving, selling, exchanging, transporting, negotiating, or soliciting sale, resale, exchange, transportation, or transfer of livestock and that is licensed as a livestock dealer in accordance with Act No. 284 of the Public Acts of 1937, being sections 287.121 to 287.131 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.
(10) "Brucellosis" means the contagious, infectious, and communicable disease caused by bacteria of the genus brucellae also known as bangs disease, undulant fever, and contagious abortion.
Section: Previous 287.742 287.743 287.744 287.745 287.746 287.801 287.803 287.805 287.807 287.809 287.811 287.813 287.815 287.817 287.819 Next
Last modified: March 17, 2013