Certification of Managerial Employee Under Program Accredited by American National Standards Institute - Mich. Comp. Laws Section 289.2129
Legal Research Home > Michigan Laws > Pure Foods And Standards > Certification of Managerial Employee Under Program Accredited by American National Standards Institute - Mich. Comp. Laws Section 289.2129
(1) All of the following food establishments shall employ a minimum of 1 managerial employee who is currently certified under a personnel certification program accredited by the American national standards institute, utilizing the conference for food protection standards:
(a) A food service establishment that is not any of the following:
(i) Operating under a temporary food service establishment license.
(ii) A vending machine location.
(b) An extended retail food establishment.
(c) Operated within a retail grocery.
(2) An individual certified under subsection (1) shall be recognized with full faith and credit by the state and all local units of government throughout the state.
(3) The department may promulgate rules to do all of the following:
(a) Develop requirements for retail food establishments to follow when employing certified food safety managers or personnel.
(b) Set a reasonable date for compliance with the requirements under subdivision (a) taking into consideration existing local personnel certification requirements.
(c) Establish certification fees necessary to implement, maintain, and track certified individuals directly or by contract. The department may annually adjust the schedule of fees to provide that the fee charged is sufficient to cover the cost of the certification tracking program.
(d) Implement and enforce the requirements described in subdivision (a).
(4) The certification program developed by the American national standards institute, as it exists on April 1, 2008, is incorporated by reference. The department may adopt updates to the certification program accreditation standards in subsection (1) by rule.
(5) This section does not prohibit any local legislative body from implementing a food handler program, an employee health certification program, or a manager certification program, if it is not in conflict with this section.
Section: Previous 289.2115 289.2117 289.2119 289.2121 289.2123 289.2125 289.2127 289.2129 289.2131 289.2132 289.3103 289.3105 289.3107 289.3109 289.3111 Next
Last modified: March 17, 2013