State Health Planning Council; Terms of Members; Expiration of Appointment; Vacancy; Maximum Consecutive Terms; Adoption and Contents of Bylaws; Election of Chairperson and Vice - Chairperson; Standing Committees; Advisory Committees; Meetings; Travel or Other Expenses - Mich. Comp. Laws Section 325.2008
Legal Research Home > Michigan Laws > Health > State Health Planning Council; Terms of Members; Expiration of Appointment; Vacancy; Maximum Consecutive Terms; Adoption and Contents of Bylaws; Election of Chairperson and Vice - Chairperson; Standing Committees; Advisory Committees; Meetings; Travel or Other Expenses - Mich. Comp. Laws Section 325.2008
(1) A term of office for a member of the council shall be for 3 years, except as provided in subsection (2).
(2) Of the original voting members appointed to the council, 8 shall serve for a term of 1 year, 8 shall serve for a term of 2 years, and 8 shall serve for a term of 3 years.
(3) An appointment shall expire at the end of the term or when a successor is appointed and confirmed, whichever is later.
(4) A vacancy shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment. After serving 2 consecutive terms, an individual shall not be appointed to the council until the expiration of 3 years after the termination of the individual's second term.
(5) The council shall adopt bylaws for its operation. The bylaws shall include procedures for the removal and replacement of members in accordance with section 7, voting procedures which protect against conflict of interest, and minimal requirements for attendance at meetings.
(6) The council shall annually elect a chairperson and a vice-chairperson from its voting members. A person shall not hold the office of chairperson or vice-chairperson for more than 3 consecutive years.
(7) The council may establish standing committees from within its membership necessary or appropriate to perform its functions. A standing committee shall have a majority of members who are not providers of health care. The council may approve, disapprove, or amend a decision of a standing committee.
(8) The council may establish advisory committees under the directorship of the council, which may include individuals who are not council members.
(9) The council and each of its committees shall conduct all meetings in public in compliance with the open meetings act, Act No. 267 of the Public Acts of 1976, being sections 15.261 to 15.275 of the Michigan Compiled Laws. The council shall meet not less than 6 times a year, and at least once in each quarter.
(10) Travel or other expenses, or both, incurred by a council member in the performance of official functions authorized by this act and which are payable out of appropriations shall be paid pursuant to the standardized travel regulations of the department of management and budget.
Section: Previous 325.2001 325.2002 325.2003 325.2004 325.2005 325.2006 325.2007 325.2008 325.2010 325.2012 325.2014 325.2015 325.2017 325.2019 325.2019a Next
Last modified: March 17, 2013