Access to Body Art Facility; Books and Records; Findings; Inspection Report; Order to Immediately Cease Operation of Facility; License Limitations - Mich. Comp. Laws Section 333.13105a
Legal Research Home > Michigan Laws > Health > Access to Body Art Facility; Books and Records; Findings; Inspection Report; Order to Immediately Cease Operation of Facility; License Limitations - Mich. Comp. Laws Section 333.13105a
(1) An applicant or licensee shall give the local health department access to the body art facility and all of its books and records during all hours of operation and during other reasonable hours to allow the local health department to determine if the body art facility is in compliance with this part. An inspection of a body art facility under this part may be announced or unannounced. An applicant or licensee shall not do any of the following:
(a) Refuse to permit the local health department to enter or inspect a body art facility.
(b) Refuse to produce the body art facility's books and records for inspection.
(c) Any other activity that impedes the local health department's ability to carry out its duties prescribed in this part.
(2) As part of an inspection under this part, the local health department may examine, take photographs, or make copies of the books and records of the body art facility.
(3) Upon completion of an inspection under this part, the local health department shall reduce its findings to writing on a form prescribed by the department. The inspection report shall include a summary of all findings of the inspection with regard to items of compliance with this part. If any critical violations are found, the inspection report shall include a compliance schedule for the body art facility to follow, which schedule is consistent with the department's standards established under this part for body art facilities.
(4) An authorized representative of the local health department who participated in the conduct of the inspection shall sign and date the inspection report and obtain the signature of the licensee on the report. A copy of the signed and dated inspection report shall be delivered to the licensee.
(5) If the local health department determines that the continued operation of a body art facility is an imminent danger under section 2451, the local health department shall order the immediate cessation of the operation of that facility in the manner prescribed in this act. A body art facility ordered to cease operations under this subsection shall immediately cease operations and shall not resume operations until the local health department has conducted an inspection, has determined that the operation of the body art facility is no longer an imminent danger, and has issued an order allowing the body art facility to resume operations.
(6) At any time it determines appropriate, a local health department may place limitations on the license of a body art facility, which limitations include the imposition of restrictions or conditions, or both, on the operations of that body art facility. A body art facility shall comply with all license limitations imposed under this subsection until the local health department has conducted an inspection, has determined that the license limitations are no longer necessary, and has issued an order allowing the body art facility to resume operations without the license limitations.
Section: Previous 333.12914 333.12915 333.12922 333.13101 333.13102 333.13104 333.13105 333.13105a 333.13106 333.13107 333.13108 333.13109 333.13110 333.13111 333.13112 Next
Last modified: March 17, 2013