Definitions; a to H - Mich. Comp. Laws Section 333.13702
(1) "Above ground vault" means an engineered structure with a floor, walls, and a roof constructed at least partially above grade that is designed in a manner that is compatible with the requirements of this part and the rules promulgated under this part.
(2) "Above or below ground canisters" are individual, engineered modular containers that contain 1 or more waste packages that are approved by the department, in compliance with applicable federal law, and designed in a manner that meets all of the requirements of this part and the rules promulgated under this part.
(3) "Authority" means the low-level radioactive waste authority created in the low-level radioactive waste authority act, Act No. 204 of the Public Acts of 1987, being sections 333.26201 to 333.26226 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.
(4) "Below ground vault" means an engineered structure with a floor, walls, and a roof constructed entirely below grade that is designed in a manner that is compatible with the requirements of this part and the rules promulgated under this part.
(5) "Candidate site" means a site designated by the authority as a possible host site.
(6) "Carrier" means a person authorized pursuant to this part who is engaged in the transportation of waste by air, rail, highway, or water.
(7) "Collector" means a person authorized pursuant to this part who receives prepackaged waste from a generator and who does not treat or repackage that waste.
(8) "Compact" means a contractual, cooperative agreement among 2 or more states to provide for the disposal of low-level radioactive waste, that is reflected in the passage of statutes by the participating states.
(9) "Disposal" means the isolation of waste from the biosphere by emplacement in the disposal site or as otherwise authorized in section 13709(3).
(10) "Disposal site" means a geographic location in this state upon which the disposal unit and any other structures and appurtenances are located, the property upon which any monitoring equipment is located, and the isolation distance from the disposal unit to adjacent property lines.
(11) "Disposal unit" means the portion of the disposal site into which waste is placed for disposal.
(12) "Host site" means the candidate site that is designated by the commissioner as the location for the disposal site in this state.
Section: Previous 333.13525 333.13531 333.13535 333.13536 333.13537 333.13607 333.13701 333.13702 333.13703 333.13704 333.13705 333.13706 333.13707 333.13708 333.13709 Next
Last modified: March 17, 2013