Operation of Ambulance; Conditions; Application for and Issuance of Ambulance License or Annual Renewal; Fee; Certificate of Insurance; Vehicle Standards; Minimum Requirements for Equipment; Use of Equipment or Medications by Licensed Personnel; Communications System; Ambulance License Nontransferable to Ambulance Operation - Mich. Comp. Laws Section 333.20923
Legal Research Home > Michigan Laws > Health > Operation of Ambulance; Conditions; Application for and Issuance of Ambulance License or Annual Renewal; Fee; Certificate of Insurance; Vehicle Standards; Minimum Requirements for Equipment; Use of Equipment or Medications by Licensed Personnel; Communications System; Ambulance License Nontransferable to Ambulance Operation - Mich. Comp. Laws Section 333.20923
(1) Except as provided in section 20924(2), a person shall not operate an ambulance unless the ambulance is licensed under this section and is operated as part of a licensed ambulance operation.
(2) Upon proper application and payment of a $25.00 fee, the department shall issue an ambulance license, or annual renewal of an ambulance license, to the ambulance operation. Receipt of the application by the department serves as attestation to the department by the ambulance operation that the ambulance being licensed or renewed is in compliance with the minimum standards required by the department. The inspection of an ambulance by the department is not required as a basis for licensure renewal, unless otherwise determined by the department.
(3) An ambulance operation shall submit an application and fee to the department for each ambulance in service. Each application shall include a certificate of insurance for the ambulance in the amount and coverage required by the department.
(4) Upon purchase by an ambulance operation, an ambulance shall meet all vehicle standards established by the department under section 20910(e)(iv).
(5) Once licensed for service, an ambulance is not required to meet subsequently modified state vehicle standards during its use by the ambulance operation that obtained the license.
(6) Patient care equipment and safety equipment carried on an ambulance shall meet the minimum requirements prescribed by the department and the approved local medical control authority protocols.
(7) An ambulance operation that maintains patient care equipment and medications necessary to upgrade from providing basic or limited advanced life support to providing a higher level of life support in accordance with section 20921(4) shall secure the necessary patient care equipment and medications in a way such that the equipment or medications can only be used by the appropriately licensed personnel.
(8) An ambulance shall be equipped with a communications system utilizing frequencies and procedures consistent with the statewide emergency medical services communications system developed by the department.
(9) An ambulance license is not transferable to another ambulance operation.
Section: Previous 333.20916 333.20917a 333.20918 333.20919 333.20920 333.20921 333.20922 333.20923 333.20924 333.20926 333.20927 333.20928 333.20929 333.20931 333.20932 Next
Last modified: March 17, 2013