Certification to Engage in Lead - Based Paint Activities; Employment of Certified Employees; Requirements - Mich. Comp. Laws Section 333.5469
(1) Beginning August 30, 1999, a person shall not perform or offer to perform lead-based paint activities without obtaining certification by the department under this part.
(2) A person seeking certification under subsection (1) shall submit to the department a letter attesting that the person shall only employ appropriately certified employees to conduct lead-based paint activities and that the person and its employees shall follow the work practice standards for conducting lead-based paint activities as established in rules promulgated by the department.
(3) A person seeking certification under subsection (1) shall do all of the following:
(a) Complete the application and pay the appropriate fee accompanied by a corporate identification number, certificate of sole proprietorship, or other business entity documentation acceptable to the department.
(b) Indicate whether the applicant has liability insurance.
(c) Submit proof of Michigan workers' disability compensation insurance.
(d) Submit proof that each employee or agent involved in lead-based paint activities has received training and certification as required by this part.
(e) If applicable, submit the name of each principal partner, shareholder, member, or owner.
(4) Not more than 90 days from the date of receipt of the person's completed application, the department shall approve or disapprove the person's request for certification. Within that time period, the department shall respond with either a certificate of approval or a letter describing the reasons for a disapproval.
(5) A person certified by the department under this section shall maintain all records pursuant to the requirements imposed in rules promulgated by the department.
Section: Previous 333.5462 333.5463 333.5464 333.5465 333.5466 333.5467 333.5468 333.5469 333.5470 333.5471 333.5472 333.5473 333.5473a 333.5474 333.5474b Next
Last modified: March 17, 2013