Eligibility of Student to Participate in Mws Program - Mich. Comp. Laws Section 390.1374
(1) A student is eligible to participate in the MWS program if the student meets the following requirements:
(a) Has resided in this state continuously for the 12 months preceding his or her application to the MWS program and is not considered a resident of any other state.
(b) Is not incarcerated in a corrections institute.
(c) Is enrolled in at least a half-time undergraduate program of study at an eligible postsecondary school or meets the requirements of subsection (5).
(d) Is certified by the financial aid officer at the postsecondary school as needing employment in order to meet recognized educational expenses.
(e) Is a United States citizen or permanent resident.
(f) Is not in default on a loan guaranteed by the authority.
(2) A student shall maintain satisfactory academic progress, as defined by the postsecondary school in which the student is enrolled, to remain eligible for the MWS program under this act.
(3) A full-time undergraduate student shall not be eligible for the MWS program for more than 15 terms or its equivalent in semesters at any particular school.
(4) If a student possessing a degree at a given academic level enrolls for a second degree at the same or lower academic level, the authority shall include MWS grants received by the student when enrolled for the previous degree at the same or lower level in determining the student's eligibility under this act.
(5) A student may participate in the MWS program during a period when he or she is not enrolled at an eligible postsecondary school if all of the following conditions are met:
(a) The student is otherwise eligible under this section.
(b) The student was enrolled in at least a half-time undergraduate program of study at an eligible postsecondary school for the preceding quarter, term, or semester.
(c) The financial aid officer at the postsecondary school determines that the period during which the student is not enrolled will not exceed 4 months and the student has enrolled or signs an intent to enroll in at least a half-time undergraduate program of study at the postsecondary school for the next succeeding quarter, term, or semester.
Section: Previous 390.1353 390.1354 390.1355 390.1356 390.1371 390.1372 390.1373 390.1374 390.1375 390.1376 390.1377 390.1378 390.1379 390.1380 390.1381 Next
Last modified: March 17, 2013