New Jersey Statutes - Title 13 Conservation and Development--parks and Reservations - 13:8C-40.1 Property acquired for farmland preservation of historic buildings, structures; terms defined.
Legal Research Home > New Jersey Laws > Conservation and Development Parks and Reservations > New Jersey Statutes - Title 13 Conservation and Development--parks and Reservations - 13:8C-40.1 Property acquired for farmland preservation of historic buildings, structures; terms defined.
1. a. Notwithstanding any law, rule, or regulation to the contrary, whenever the State, a local government unit, or a qualifying tax exempt nonprofit organization acquires, for farmland preservation purposes using constitutionally dedicated moneys in whole or in part, the fee simple title to farmland which is to be offered for resale or lease with agricultural deed restrictions as determined by the committee, and there is an historic building or structure located on the farmland, the State, local government unit, or qualifying tax exempt nonprofit organization may, with the approval of the committee:
(1) place a historic preservation restriction on any historic building or structure on the farmland as a condition of the resale or lease of the farmland; or
(2) subdivide the historic building or structure, together with at least enough associated acreage to meet local zoning requirements, from the remaining portion of the farmland, and, after placing a historic preservation restriction upon the historic building or structure, offer the historic building or structure for resale or lease separately from the remaining portion of the farmland.
b. A historic preservation restriction may be placed on any historic building or structure on farmland as provided pursuant to subsection a. of this section even if the proceeds received from the resale or lease of the farmland or the historic building or structure would be less than otherwise would have been realized for use for farmland preservation purposes without the historic preservation restriction in place or the subdivision having been made.
c. For the purposes of this section:
"Historic building or structure" means a building or structure that:
(1) is included, meets the criteria for inclusion, or has been determined to be potentially eligible for inclusion in the New Jersey Register of Historic Places pursuant to P.L.1970, c.268 (C.13:1B-15.128 et seq.) or any rules or regulations adopted pursuant thereto;
(2) has been recognized by a county or municipality as a place of historic interest in a county or municipal master plan;
(3) is located in a historic district on a municipal zoning map; or
(4) meets any other criteria which may be adopted by the committee, pursuant to the "Administrative Procedure Act," P.L.1968, c.410 (C.52:14B-1 et seq.), for recognizing the historical value or significance of a building or structure on farmland; and
"Historic preservation restriction" means the same as that term is defined pursuant to section 2 of P.L.1979, c.378 (C.13:8B-2).
Sections: Previous 8c-36 8c-37 8c-38 8c-38.1 8c-38.2 8c-39 8c-40 8c-40.1 8c-40.2 8c-41 8c-42 9-1 9-2 9-3 9-4 Next
Last modified: February 13, 2012