New Jersey Statutes - Title 34 Labor and Workmen's Compensation - 34:1B-43 Project plan; contents; determinations prior to final approval
Legal Research Home > New Jersey Laws
a. Prior to final approval of financial assistance under this act, the project sponsor shall file with the commissioner a project plan which shall provide such information as the commissioner deems necessary, and which shall include:
(1) A marketability and proposed land-use study supported by appropriate appraisal reports;
(2) A plan for the utilization of minority contractors and assurance of equal opportunity for employment in connection with the project;
(3) A statement of the impact of the project on the natural, historic and social environment;
(4) Where applicable, a plan for relocating project area residents;
(5) Any additional information, drawings, plans, reports, or estimates which the commissioner may require;
(6) A statement of the impact of the project on the State transportation system, including provisions concerning access to public transportation and impact on highway capacity and traffic flow;
(7) A statement of the impact of the project on energy consumption and of measures included to promote energy conservation;
(8) Evidence of the fiscal stability of the participants in the project, other than the sponsor, including the posting of a bond by the participants, and such other evidence as the commissioner shall require; and
(9) A resolution in support of the project by the governing body of the municipality in which the project is to be located.
b. Prior to the issuance of final approval of financial assistance under this act, the commissioner shall determine: (1) that the commitment of private resources to the project is guaranteed as to the amount of these resources and as to the schedule of their availability for meeting project costs and that these private resources will provide at least 50% of the total eligible project cost; (2) that the project has met or is reasonably assured of meeting the requirements of any pertinent law, ordinance and administrative regulation, including but not limited to environmental protection and affirmative action requirements; (3) that the project would not be undertaken but for the provision of that financial assistance and that the project would not be undertaken in its intended scope without the provision of financial assistance pursuant to this act and will be economically viable with this assistance; (4) that there exists adequate assurance of repayment of financial assistance where repayment is required; and (5) that the participants in the project are of a good moral character. At the same time he shall furnish his findings to the presiding officers of both houses of the Legislature and to the Director of the Division of Budget and Program Review in the Office of Legislative Services.
L.1983, c. 190, s. 8, eff. May 23, 1983.
Sections: Previous 1b-36 1b-37 1b-38 1b-39 1b-40 1b-41 1b-42 1b-43 1b-44 1b-45 1b-46 1b-47 1b-48 1b-49 1b-50 Next
Last modified: February 14, 2012