New Jersey Statutes - Title 39 Motor Vehicles and Traffic Regulation - 39:8-19 Denial, suspension, revocation of licenses
Legal Research Home > New Jersey Laws > Motor Vehicles and Traffic Regulation > New Jersey Statutes - Title 39 Motor Vehicles and Traffic Regulation - 39:8-19 Denial, suspension, revocation of licenses
a. The director may deny, suspend or revoke a private inspection center license or refuse renewal thereof for cause, including but not limited to one or more of the following:
(1) Violation of any provision of this act or of any regulation adopted thereunder, including a finding of guilt made pursuant to section 10 of this act;
(2) Fraud or misrepresentation in securing the license or in the conduct of the licensed activity;
(3) Making initial inspection or reinspection service charges in excess of those posted on the licensed premises and filed with the director;
(4) Conviction of a crime involving moral turpitude;
(5) Violation of P.L. 1960, c. 39 (C. 56:8-1 et seq.) or of any regulation adopted thereunder;
(6) Other good cause.
b. The director may suspend a license for such period as he deems fit, pursuant to the "Administrative Procedure Act," P.L. 1968, c. 410 (C. 52:14B-1 et seq.). If the director determines that the public interest requires suspension of a license pursuant to this act prior to hearing, the director may do so, provided that the licensee is afforded the opportunity to request in writing a hearing within 10 days of the effective date of the suspension, and an administrative adjudication shall be held as soon thereafter as possible.
c. The suspension or revocation of a private inspection center license shall not of itself be cause for the denial, suspension or revocation of any other business license held by the private inspection center licensee, issued by the State or any of its political subdivisions.
L. 1975, c. 156, s. 11, eff. July 16, 1975. Amended by L. 1986, c. 22, s. 12, eff. June 2, 1986.
Sections: Previous 8-12 8-13 8-14 8-15 8-16 8-17 8-18 8-19 8-20 8-21 8-22 8-23 8-24 8-37 8-38 Next
Last modified: February 14, 2012