New York Civil Rights - Article 3 - (20 - 27) Privilege From Arrest
Legal Research Home >
New York Laws > New York Civil Rights (CVR) > New York Civil Rights - Article 3 - (20 - 27) Privilege From Arrest
- New York Civil Rights - Article 3 - Privilege From Arrest
of officers of courts of record. 25. Witness exempt from arrest. 26. Action against officer making arrest of exempt person. 27. Discharge of exempt witness.
- New York Civil Rights - § 20 - No Imprisonment for Non-payment of Costs in Certain Cases
A person shall not be arrested or imprisoned, for the non-payment of costs, awarded otherwise than by a final judgment, or a final order, made...
- New York Civil Rights - § 21 - No Imprisonment for Non-payment of Money Pursuant to Judgment or Order Requiring Payment of Money Due Upon Contract
Except in a case where it is otherwise specially prescribed by law, a person shall not be arrested or imprisoned for disobedience to a judgment...
- New York Civil Rights - § 22 - Privilege of Officers and Prisoner From Arrest While Passing Through Another County
A prisoner conveyed to jail through another county by a sheriff or other officer pursuant to law, or the officer having him in custody, is...
- New York Civil Rights - § 23 - No Person to Be Arrested in Civil Proceedings Without a Statutory Provision
A person shall not be arrested in a civil action or special proceeding, except as prescribed by statute. The writ of ne exeat is abolished.
- New York Civil Rights - § 24 - Privilege From Arrest of Officers of Courts of Record
An officer of a court of record, appointed or elected pursuant to law, is privileged from arrest, during the actual sitting, which he is required...
- New York Civil Rights - § 25 - Witness Exempt From Arrest
A person duly and in good faith subpoenaed or ordered to attend, for the purpose of being examined, in a case where his attendance may...
- New York Civil Rights - § 26 - Action Against Officer Making Arrest of Exempt Person
An action may be maintained, by the person arrested, against the officer or other person making an arrest contrary to the provisions of the last...
- New York Civil Rights - § 27 - Discharge of Exempt Witness
Where a person has been arrested in violation of section twenty-five, a justice of the supreme court, a county judge or the court, if any,...