New York Education - Article 155 - (7800 - 7807) Massage Therapy
Legal Research Home >
New York Laws > New York Education (EDN) > New York Education - Article 155 - (7800 - 7807) Massage Therapy
- New York Education - Article 155 - Massage Therapy
7804. Requirements for a professional license. 7805. Exempt persons. 7806. Limited permits. 7807. Mandatory continuing education.
- New York Education - § 7800 - Introduction
This article applies to the profession of massage therapy. The general provisions for all professions contained in article one hundred thirty of this title apply...
- New York Education - § 7801 - Definition of Practice of Massage Therapy
The practice of the profession of massage therapy is defined as engaging in applying a scientific system of activity to the muscular structure of the...
- New York Education - § 7802 - Practice of Massage Therapy and Use of Title "Masseur", "Masseuse" or "Massage Therapist" or the Term "Massage" or "Massage Therapy"
Only a person licensed or authorized pursuant to this chapter shall practice massage therapy and only a person licensed under this article shall use the...
- New York Education - § 7803 - State Board for Massage Therapy
shall be appointed by the board of regents on recommendation of the commissioner for the purpose of assisting the board of regents and the department...
- New York Education - § 7804 - Requirements for a Professional License
To qualify for a license as a massage therapist, masseur or masseuse, an applicant shall fulfill the following requirements: (1) Application: file an application with...
- New York Education - § 7805 - Exempt Persons
Nothing contained in this article shall be construed to prohibit: 1. The practice of massage therapy by any person who is authorized to practice medicine,...
- New York Education - § 7806 - Limited Permits
1. The department may issue a limited permit to practice massage therapy as a licensed massage therapist, masseur or masseuse to a person who has...
- New York Education - § 7807 - Mandatory Continuing Education
fee shall be forty-five dollars, shall be payable on or before the first day of each triennial registration period, and shall be paid in addition...