New York Public Health - Title 1 - (200 - 211-A) Officers and Employees
Legal Research Home >
New York Laws > New York Public Health (PBH) > New York Public Health - Title 1 - (200 - 211-A) Officers and Employees
- New York Public Health - § Title 1 - Officers and Employees
; appointment. 211. Training. 211-a. Continuation of salaries of employees of the department while receiving training.
- New York Public Health - § 200 - Department of Health; Continuation
There shall continue to be in the state government a department of health. The head of the department shall be the commissioner of health of...
- New York Public Health - § 201 - Functions, Powers and Duties of the Department
1. The department shall, as provided by law: (a) supervise the work and activities of the local boards of health and health officers throughout the...
- New York Public Health - § 202 - Divisions
, bureaus and other units within the department not expressly established by law as he may determine necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
- New York Public Health - § 203 - Commissioner; Qualifications
The commissioner shall be a physician, a graduate of an incorporated medical college, of at least ten years' experience in the actual practice of his...
- New York Public Health - § 204 - Commissioner; Appointment; Term of Office
1. The commissioner shall be appointed by the governor, by and with the advice and consent of the senate and shall hold office until the...
- New York Public Health - § 205 - Commissioner; Compensation and Expenses
The commissioner shall receive an annual salary not to exceed an amount appropriated therefor by the legislature and his expenses actually and necessarily incurred in...
- New York Public Health - § 206 - Commissioner; General Powers and Duties
1. The commissioner shall: (a) take cognizance of the interests of health and life of the people of the state, and of all matters pertaining...
- New York Public Health - § 206-A - Discrimination in Hospital Staff Appointments and Privileges Prohibited
1. It shall be an unlawful discriminatory practice for the governing body of a hospital a. To deny to or to withhold from a physician,...
- New York Public Health - § 206-B - Special Requirements With Respect to Lyme Disease Diagnosis
1. Within thirty days after the effective date of this section, the commissioner shall, in writing, order every physician practicing in Suffolk, Westchester and Nassau...
- New York Public Health - § 207 - Health Care and Wellness Education and Outreach Program
The department may conduct education and outreach programs for consumers, patients, and health care providers relating to any health care matters the commissioner deems appropriate...
- New York Public Health - § 208 - Deputy Commissioners; Appointment; Qualifications and Duties
1. The commissioner shall appoint and at pleasure remove a first deputy commissioner and such other deputy commissioners as he shall deem necessary for the...
- New York Public Health - § 209 - Deputy Commissioners; Compensation
The commissioner shall fix the compensation of deputy commissioners within the amount appropriated therefor by the legislature.
- New York Public Health - § 210 - Officers and Employees; Appointment
The commissioner shall appoint such assistant commissioners, officers and other assistants as are necessary for the proper performance of the powers and duties of the
- New York Public Health - § 211 - Training
for personnel engaged in or to be engaged in the maintenance or improvement of public health in the state.
- New York Public Health - § 211-A - Continuation of Salaries of Employees of the Department While Receiving Training
The commissioner may, within the amounts appropriated therefor, continue the salaries, in full or in part, of employees of the department and the institutions in...