New York Public Officers - Article 6-A - (91 - 99) Personal Privacy Protection Law
Legal Research Home >
New York Laws > New York Public Officers (PBO) > New York Public Officers - Article 6-A - (91 - 99) Personal Privacy Protection Law
- New York Public Officers - Article 6-A - Personal Privacy Protection Law
Section 91. Short title. 92. Definitions. 93. Powers and duties of the committee. 94. Agency obligations. 95. Access to records. 96. Disclosure of records. 96-a....
- New York Public Officers - § 91 - Short Title
This article shall be known as the "personal privacy protection law".
- New York Public Officers - § 92 - Definitions
(1) Agency. The term "agency" means any state board, bureau, committee, commission, council, department, public authority, public benefit corporation, division, office or any other governmental...
- New York Public Officers - § 93 - Powers and Duties of the Committee
(1) The committee shall prepare a directory derived from the information provided pursuant to section three of chapter six hundred seventy-seven of the laws of...
- New York Public Officers - § 94 - Agency Obligations
(1) Each agency that maintains a system of records shall: (a) except when a data subject provides an agency with unsolicited personal information, maintain in...
- New York Public Officers - § 95 - Access to Records
(1) (a) Each agency subject to the provisions of this article, within five business days of the receipt of a written request from a data...
- New York Public Officers - § 96 - Disclosure of Records
(1) No agency may disclose any record or personal information unless such disclosure is: (a) pursuant to a written request by or the voluntary written...
- New York Public Officers - § 96-A - Prohibited Conduct
1. Beginning on January first, two thousand ten the state and its political subdivisions shall not do any of the following, unless required by law:...
- New York Public Officers - § 97 - Civil Remedies
(1) Any data subject aggrieved by any action taken under this article may seek judicial review and relief pursuant to article seventy-eight of the civil...
- New York Public Officers - § 98 - No Waiver
Any agreement purporting to waive a data subject's rights under this article is hereby declared to be void as against public policy.
- New York Public Officers - § 99 - Executive Authority
Nothing in this article shall limit the authority of the governor to exercise his or her responsibilities.