For the purposes of ORS 465.475 to 465.480:
(1) “Environmental claim” means a claim for defense or indemnity submitted under a general liability insurance policy by an insured facing, or allegedly facing, potential liability for bodily injury or property damage arising from a release of pollutants onto or into land, air or water.
(2) “General liability insurance policy” means any contract of insurance that provides coverage for the obligations at law or in equity of an insured for bodily injury, property damage or personal injury to others. “General liability insurance policy” includes but is not limited to a pollution liability insurance policy, a commercial general liability insurance policy, a comprehensive general liability policy, an excess liability policy, an umbrella liability insurance policy or any other kind of policy covering the liability of an insured for the claims of third parties. “General liability insurance policy” does not include homeowner or motor vehicle policies or portions of other policies relating to homeowner or motor vehicle coverages, claims-made policies or portions of other policies relating to claims-made policies or specialty line liability coverage such as directors and officers insurance, errors and omissions insurance or other similar policies.
(3) “Insured” means any person included as a named insured on a general liability insurance policy who has or had a property interest in a site in Oregon that involves an environmental claim.
(4) “Lost policy” means any part or all of a general liability insurance policy that is alleged to be ruined, destroyed, misplaced or otherwise no longer possessed by the insured.
(5) “Policy” means the written contract or agreement, and all clauses, riders, endorsements and papers that are a part of the contract or agreement, for or effecting insurance. [1999 c.783 §2; 2003 c.799 §1]Section: Previous 465.425 465.430 465.435 465.440 465.445 465.450 465.455 465.475 465.478 465.479 465.480 465.482 465.500 465.503 465.505 Next
Last modified: August 7, 2008