Oregon Statutes - Chapter 552 - Water Improvement Districts
Legal Research Home >
- 552.005 [Repealed by 1955 c.707 §75]
- 552.010 [Repealed by 1955 c.707 §75]
- 552.013 Definitions.
As used in this chapter, except when the context requires otherwise: (1) “County board” means the county court or the board of county commissioners of...
- 552.015 [Amended by 1955 c.707 §71; renumbered 552.025]
- 552.020 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.025 [Formerly 552.015; repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.105 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.108 Creation of water improvement district; purposes; limitation.
(1) A water improvement district may be created as provided by this chapter for the purpose of acquiring, purchasing, constructing, improving, operating and maintaining drainage,...
- 552.110 [Amended by 1955 c.707 §72; repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.113 Water rights protected; minimum acreage requirement; withdrawal procedure for city or other special districts.
(1) This chapter shall not be construed to affect, amend or repeal any other law of Oregon or to affect or impair the vested rights...
- 552.115 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.118 Petition contents.
In addition to other matters the petition for formation of a district shall include: (1) An estimate of the acreage of land within the district...
- 552.120 [Amended by 1955 c.707 §73; repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.123 [1969 c.606 §5; repealed by 1971 c.727 §203]
- 552.125 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.128 [1969 c.606 §6; repealed by 1971 c.727 §203]
- 552.130 [Repealed by 1955 c.707 §75]
- 552.133 Election on formation.
If an election is called on the question of formation, it shall be held on a date specified in ORS 255.345. An order creating a...
- 552.135 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.138 Status of final order; time for protest.
(1) No final order creating a district shall be set aside, or annulled upon appeal or review, on account of any defect or irregularity in...
- 552.140 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.143 Proceedings to test validity of order or act of district board.
(1) In addition to the proceeding a district is authorized to bring under ORS 33.710 and 33.720, any landowner or elector of a district may...
- 552.145 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.150 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.155 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.160 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.165 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.170 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.175 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.180 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.185 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.205 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.208 Election of first board of directors; number; qualifications; terms; change of number of directors.
(1) Electors of a district shall elect a board of directors whose number shall be fixed at five, seven or nine by the county board...
- 552.210 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.213 [1969 c.606 §18; repealed by 1971 c.647 §149]
- 552.215 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.218 Organizational meeting; oath; officers; meetings.
(1) As soon as possible after an election of directors, the directors shall meet for the purpose of qualifying all persons elected as directors and...
- 552.220 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.223 Duties of district board.
A district board shall: (1) Manage and conduct the affairs of the district. (2) Employ and appoint agents and employees, prescribe their duties and fix...
- 552.225 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.228 [1969 c.606 §27; repealed by 1971 c.268 §24]
- 552.230 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.235 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.240 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.245 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.250 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.255 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.260 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.265 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.270 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.275 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.280 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.285 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.305 Powers of districts generally.
A water improvement district has full power to carry out the objects of its creation and to that end may: (1) Have and use a...
- 552.310 Condemnation.
The right to condemn property, pursuant to ORS 552.305 (4), shall include property already devoted to public use, including city, state and county property, which...
- 552.315 Right to enter and survey land.
The district board, its officers, agents or employees shall have the right to enter upon any land in the manner provided by ORS 35.220 to...
- 552.320 Operation of water works and sale of water; conditions.
A water improvement district may: (1) Acquire, construct, reconstruct, equip, own, maintain, operate, sell, lease and dispose of domestic, industrial and municipal water works or...
- 552.325 Water charges; use of revenues; collection and enforcement.
(1) The district board shall fix charges for water furnished for domestic, industrial and municipal purposes so that the water system is self-sustaining. All indebtedness...
- 552.330 Water user regulations; enforcement; notice.
A district may adopt and promulgate regulations concerning the use of water of the district. The district board may refuse to supply any building, place...
- 552.340 [1969 c.606 §28; repealed by 1987 c.185 §7]
- 552.345 User regulations; fees for use of facilities.
A district shall have power: (1) To make and enforce regulations governing the conduct of the users of the recreational facilities of the district. (2)...
- 552.350 Cooperation with the United States; water quality supervision subject to state authority.
(1) A district has the power: (a) To cooperate with the United States in the manner provided by Congress for flood control, reclamation, conservation and...
- 552.403 Watershed improvement plans; cooperation with Water Resources Commission.
(1) A district shall, within a reasonable time after formation, prepare broad, general plans of watershed improvement. The plan may be prepared in cooperation with...
- 552.405 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.408 District projects; engineering plans.
Construction of district works may be undertaken on motion of the district board or when landowners of the district request the district board to do...
- 552.410 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.413 Engineering plans prepared by other agencies.
In lieu of obtaining engineering plans as provided by ORS 552.408, the district board may adopt as an engineering plan, any plans meeting the requirements...
- 552.415 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.418 Notice of engineering plan; hearing; objections of landowners; approval or disapproval of plan.
(1) Upon completion or adoption of the engineering plan, the district board shall cause notice to be given to the landowners that the plan, including...
- 552.420 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.423 Advertising for bids on construction contract.
After the approval of the engineering plan as provided by ORS 552.418 and before beginning the construction of any works, the district board shall give...
- 552.425 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.428 Letting construction contract; contractor’s bond or letter of credit.
After advertising for bids, the board shall let a contract for construction of the whole or any part of the project to the lowest responsible...
- 552.433 Chief engineer of district to superintend work.
If the district has a chief engineer, the chief engineer shall be superintendent of all the works and improvements and shall, whenever required, and at...
- 552.438 Construction on public land or right of way, or along watercourse.
(1) A district may construct works across or along any street or public highway, or over any lands which are property of this state, or...
- 552.505 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.510 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.515 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.603 Financing construction, operation or maintenance of district works.
The district board may, in accordance with the order approving an engineering plan adopted under ORS 552.418, finance the construction, operation or maintenance of district...
- 552.605 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.608 Assessment of cost of works against benefited land; hearing on proposed assessment.
(1) All or part of the cost of building, constructing, purchasing, operating, maintaining and improving the district works described in an engineering plan adopted under...
- 552.610 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.613 Improvement bonds.
If any portion of the cost of a district works is assessed against the property directly benefited, the district board may issue improvement bonds in...
- 552.615 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.618 Effect of irrigation contract.
No tract of land shall be considered to be benefited by the construction, operation, maintenance or improvement of irrigation works unless the owner of such...
- 552.620 [Amended by 1955 c.707 §74; repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.623 Ad valorem tax levy, collection, enforcement.
(1) Subject to ORS 552.625, a district may assess, levy and collect taxes each year on the assessed value of all taxable property within the...
- 552.624 Filing boundary change with county assessor and Department of Revenue.
For purposes of ad valorem taxation, a boundary change must be filed in final approved form with the county assessor and the Department of Revenue...
- 552.625 Maximum rate of tax levy; procedure to change rate.
(1) Subject to subsection (2) of this section, a district shall not levy an ad valorem tax in any one year in excess of the...
- 552.630 Service and user charges.
(1) For the purpose of paying the costs of operation and maintenance of district works constructed under this chapter, the district board may by ordinance:...
- 552.635 Levy to establish revolving fund; use of fund.
For the purpose of establishing a revolving fund to provide money to finance the planning and construction of district works, a district board may levy...
- 552.645 General obligation bonds.
(1) For the purpose of carrying into effect any of the powers granted by this chapter, a district, when authorized at any properly called election...
- 552.655 Refunding bonds.
Refunding bonds of the same character and tenor as those replaced thereby may be issued pursuant to a resolution duly adopted by the district board...
- 552.660 Process for issuance of bonds.
All general obligation bonds, including refunding bonds, issued under ORS 552.645 to 552.660 shall be issued as prescribed in ORS chapter 287A. [1969 c.606 §49;...
- 552.670 Loan contracts with state or federal agencies.
(1) If authorized by its electors, a district may enter a loan contract with a state or federal agency. The loan contract shall be in...
- 552.710 Subdistrict procedure; authority.
(1) When a district has adopted a plan under ORS 552.403, subdistricts may be created as provided by this section. (2) Proceedings to create subdistricts,...
- 552.720 Dissolution of irrigation, drainage or water control district and transfer of assets and liabilities to water improvement district.
(1) Any district organized or operating under ORS chapter 545, 547 or 553 may dissolve and transfer its property and other assets and liabilities to...
- 552.730 [1969 c.606 §11; repealed by 1971 c.647 §149]
- 552.740 Notice requirements.
When notice is required by this chapter to be given by publication, the notice shall be published in a newspaper of general circulation in the...
- 552.750 Election laws applicable.
(1) ORS chapter 255 governs the following: (a) The nomination and election of directors. (b) The conduct of all district elections. (2) The electors of...
- 552.810 Procedure for inclusion or exclusion of land in district.
A petition for inclusion or exclusion of territory in a district may be filed without the approval of the district board indorsed on the petition....
- 552.820 [1969 c.606 §50; repealed by 1971 c.727 §203]
- 552.825 [1969 c.606 §51; repealed by 1971 c.727 §203]
- 552.830 Date of election on dissolution of district.
An election on dissolution may be held only on the same date as the regular district election. [1969 c.606 §52; 1971 c.727 §169; 1983 c.350
- 552.835 [1969 c.606 §53; repealed by 1971 c.727 §203]
- 552.840 [1969 c.606 §54; repealed by 1971 c.727 §203]
- 552.845 [1969 c.606 §55; repealed by 1971 c.727 §203]
- 552.850 [1969 c.606 §56; repealed by 1971 c.727 §203]
- 552.855 [1969 c.606 §57; repealed by 1971 c.727 §203]
- 552.860 [1969 c.606 §58; repealed by 1971 c.727 §203]
- 552.990 [Repealed by 1969 c.168 §1]
- 552.992 Penalties.
Subject to ORS 153.022, violation of any regulation adopted under ORS 552.345 is a Class B violation. [1969 c.606 §29(2); 1987 c.185 §5; 1999 c.1051...
Last modified: August 7, 2008