Texas Government Code - Section 2255.001. Rules
Legal Research Home >
Texas Laws > Government Code > Texas Government Code - Section 2255.001. Rules
Section: 2254.107 2254.108 2254.109 2254.151 2254.152 2254.153 2254.154 2255.001 2256.001 2256.002 2256.003 2256.004 2256.005 2256.006 2256.007
§ 2255.001. RULES. (a) A state agency which is
authorized by statute to accept money from a private donor or for
which a private organization exists that is designed to further the
purposes and duties of the agency shall adopt rules governing the
(1) the donor or organization; and
(2) the agency and its employees.
(b) Rules adopted under this section shall govern all
aspects of conduct of the agency and its employees in the
(1) administration and investment of funds received by
the organization for the benefit of the agency;
(2) use of an employee or property of the agency by the
donor or organization;
(3) service by an officer or employee of the agency as
an officer or director of the donor or organization; and
(4) monetary enrichment of an officer or employee of
the agency by the donor or organization.
(c) A rule adopted under this section may not conflict with
or supersede a requirement of a statute regulating:
(1) the conduct of an employee of a state agency; or
(2) the procedures of a state agency.
(d) A newly created state agency shall adopt rules under
this section as soon as possible after its creation.
(e) In this section, "state agency" means a department,
commission, board, office, or other agency in the executive branch
of state government created by the constitution or a statute of this
state, including a university system or an institution of higher
education as defined by Section 61.003, Education Code.
Added by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 268, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1993.
Last modified: August 11, 2007