2 USC 1371 - Study and recommendations regarding Government Accountability Office, Government Printing Office, and Library of Congress
Sec. 1371. Study and recommendations regarding Government Accountability Office, Government Printing Office, and Library of Congress(a)
The Board shall undertake a study of—
(1) the application of the laws listed in subsection (b) of this section to—
(A) the Government Accountability Office;
(B) the Government Printing Office; and
(C) the Library of Congress; and
(2) the regulations and procedures used by the entities referred to in paragraph (1) to apply and enforce such laws to themselves and their employees.
The study under this section shall consider the application of the following laws:
(1) Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000e et seq.), and related provisions of section 2302 of title 5.
(2) The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (29 U.S.C. 621 et seq.), and related provisions of section 2302 of title 5.
(3) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. 12101 et seq.), and related provisions of section 2302 of title 5.
(4) The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (29 U.S.C. 2611 et seq.), and related provisions of sections 6381 through 6387 of title 5.
(5) The Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 (29 U.S.C. 201 et seq.), and related provisions of sections 5541 through 5550a of title 5.
(6) The Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (29 U.S.C. 651 et seq.), and related provisions of section 7902 of title 5.
(7) The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. 701 et seq.).
(8) Chapter 71 (relating to Federal service labor-management relations) of title 5.
(9) The General Accounting Office Personnel Act of 1980 (31 U.S.C. 731 et seq.).
(10) The Employee Polygraph Protection Act of 1988 (29 U.S.C. 2001 et seq.).
(11) The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (29 U.S.C. 2101 et seq.).
(12) Chapter 43 (relating to veterans’ employment and reemployment) of title 38.
Contents of study and recommendations
The study under this section shall evaluate whether the rights, protections, and procedures, including administrative and judicial relief, applicable to the entities listed in paragraph (1) of subsection (a) of this section and their employees are comprehensive and effective and shall include recommendations for any improvements in regulations or legislation, including proposed regulatory or legislative language.
Deadline and delivery of study
Not later than December 31, 1996—
(1) the Board shall prepare and complete the study and recommendations required under this section; and
(2) the Board shall transmit such study and recommendations (with the Board’s comments) to the head of each entity considered in the study, and to the Congress by delivery to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and President pro tempore of the Senate for referral to the appropriate committees of the House of Representatives and of the Senate.
Last modified: July 21, 2011