2 USC 433 - Registration of political committees
Sec. 433. Registration of political committees(a)
Statements of organizations
Each authorized campaign committee shall file a statement of organization no later than 10 days after designation pursuant to section 432 (e)(1) of this title. Each separate segregated fund established under the provisions of section 441b (b) of this title shall file a statement of organization no later than 10 days after establishment. All other committees shall file a statement of organization within 10 days after becoming a political committee within the meaning of section 431 (4) of this title.
Contents of statements
The statement of organization of a political committee shall include—
(1) the name, address, and type of committee;
(2) the name, address, relationship, and type of any connected organization or affiliated committee;
(3) the name, address, and position of the custodian of books and accounts of the committee;
(4) the name and address of the treasurer of the committee;
(5) if the committee is authorized by a candidate, the name, address, office sought, and party affiliation of the candidate; and
(6) a listing of all banks, safety deposit boxes, or other depositories used by the committee.
Change of information in statements
Any change in information previously submitted in a statement of organization shall be reported in accordance with section 432 (g) of this title no later than 10 days after the date of the change.
Termination, etc., requirements and authorities
(1) A political committee may terminate only when such a committee files a written statement, in accordance with section 432 (g) of this title, that it will no longer receive any contributions or make any disbursements and that such committee has no outstanding debts or obligations.
(2) Nothing contained in this subsection may be construed to eliminate or limit the authority of the Commission to establish procedures for—
(A) the determination of insolvency with respect to any political committee;
(B) the orderly liquidation of an insolvent political committee, and the orderly application of its assets for the reduction of outstanding debts; and
(C) the termination of an insolvent political committee after such liquidation and application of assets.
Last modified: July 21, 2011