2 USC 72d - Discretionary authority of Senate Committee on Appropriations
Sec. 72d. Discretionary authority of Senate Committee on Appropriations(a)
The Committee on Appropriations is authorized in its discretion—
(1) to hold hearings, report such hearings, and make investigations as authorized by paragraph 1 of rule XXVI of the Standing Rules of the Senate;
(2) to make expenditures from the contingent fund of the Senate;
(3) to employ personnel;
(4) with the prior consent of the Government department or agency concerned and the Committee on Rules and Administration to use, on a reimbursable or nonreimbursable basis, the services of personnel of any such department or agency;
(5) to procure the services of individual consultants, or organizations thereof (as authorized by section 72a (i) of this title and Senate Resolution 140, agreed to May 14, 1975, except that any approval (and related reporting requirement) shall not apply); and
(6) to provide for the training of the professional staff of such committee (under procedures specified by section 72a (j) of this title).
This section shall be effective on and after October 1, 1998, or the date of enactment of this Act [October 21, 1998], whichever is later.
Last modified: July 21, 2011