8 USC 1377 - Collection of data on detained asylum seekers
Sec. 1377. Collection of data on detained asylum seekers(a)
The Attorney General shall regularly collect data on a nation-wide  basis with respect to asylum seekers in detention in the United States, including the following information:
(1) The number of detainees.
(2) An identification of the countries of origin of the detainees.
(3) The percentage of each gender within the total number of detainees.
(4) The number of detainees listed by each year of age of the detainees.
(5) The location of each detainee by detention facility.
(6) With respect to each facility where detainees are held, whether the facility is also used to detain criminals and whether any of the detainees are held in the same cells as criminals.
(7) The number and frequency of the transfers of detainees between detention facilities.
(8) The average length of detention and the number of detainees by category of the length of detention.
(9) The rate of release from detention of detainees for each district of the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
(10) A description of the disposition of cases.
Beginning October 1, 1999, and not later than October 1 of each year thereafter, the Attorney General shall submit to the Committee on the Judiciary of each House of Congress a report setting forth the data collected under subsection (a) of this section for the fiscal year ending September 30 of that year.
Availability to public
Copies of the data collected under subsection (a) of this section shall be made available to members of the public upon request pursuant to such regulations as the Attorney General shall prescribe.
 So in original. Probably should be "nationwide".
Last modified: July 21, 2011