14 USC 685 - Conveyance or lease of existing property and facilities
Sec. 685. Conveyance or lease of existing property and facilities(a)
Conveyance or Lease Authorized.—
The Secretary may convey or lease property or facilities (including ancillary support facilities) to private persons for purposes of using the proceeds of such conveyance or lease to carry out activities under this chapter.
Terms and Conditions.—
(1) The conveyance or lease of property or facilities under this section shall be for such consideration and upon such terms and conditions as the Secretary considers appropriate for the purposes of this chapter and to protect the interests of the United States.
(2) As part or all of the consideration for a conveyance or lease under this section, the purchaser or lessor (as the case may be) may enter into an agreement with the Secretary to ensure that a suitable preference will be afforded members of the armed forces and their dependents in the lease or sublease of a reasonable number of the housing units covered by the conveyance or lease, as the case may be, or in the lease of other suitable housing units made available by the purchaser or lessee.
Inapplicability of Certain Property Management Laws.—
The conveyance or lease of property or facilities under this section shall not be subject to the following provisions of law:
(1) Subtitle I of title 40 and title III of the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of 1949 (41 U.S.C. 251 et seq.).
(2) Section 1302 of title 40.
(3) The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 11301 et seq.).
Last modified: July 21, 2011