24 USC 401 - Definitions
Sec. 401. DefinitionsFor purposes of this chapter:
(1) The term "Retirement Home" includes the institutions established under section 411 of this title, as follows:
(A) The Armed Forces Retirement Home—Washington.
(B) The Armed Forces Retirement Home—Gulfport.
(2) The term "Local Board" means a Local Board of Trustees established under section 416 of this title.
(3) The terms "Armed Forces Retirement Home Trust Fund" and "Fund" mean the Armed Forces Retirement Home Trust Fund established under section 419 (a) of this title.
(4) The term "Armed Forces" does not include the Coast Guard when it is not operating as a service in the Navy.
(5) The term "chief personnel officers" means—
(A) the Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel of the Army;
(B) the Chief of Naval Personnel;
(C) the Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel of the Air Force; and
(D) the Deputy Commandant of the Marine Corps for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.
(6) The term "senior noncommissioned officers" means the following:
(A) The Sergeant Major of the Army.
(B) The Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy.
(C) The Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force.
(D) The Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps.
Last modified: July 21, 2011